“Horrid”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Iselin
san francisco
“Horrid”
Reviewed May 26, 2008

Dirty, poor sound insulation, polite yet unhelpful management... I should have read tripadvisor reviews first, before booking that hotel. My previous experiences with Days Inn were pretty good, now I'll think twice of staying there.

• Stayed May 2008
1 Thank big_island_fan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Port Jefferson, New York
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I wanted to stay in the midway of Long Branch, NJ and New York City and so booked this days inn. My first impression by just looking the building and the area around was good. The motel is easy to access from the highway, there are plenty of shopping stores around and the location looks safe. The lobby was in good condition and provided a luxury feeling. Unfortunately, the hotel manager wanted to punish me by giving us the worse room in the hotel (room 227). The reason is that this room is located exactly above the lobby and exactly above the automatic entrance door. Whenever the door was opening and closing you could hear the noise and feel the vibrating wall on our room. It was terrible. Next day I requested another room for my second night but according to the clerk there was no room available. Now, here is the no sense: When I come back in my room to sleep for the second night I realized that the room was not cleaned at all. Even no fresh towels where provided! I had to go down to the lobby to request fresh towels...Breakfast was a terrible surprise. Usually in a Days Inn you get fruits (bananas or oranges etc) and fresh coffee. In this Days Inn in Iselin you dont! Just some terrible tasting sweets that maybe only the manager can eat...Anyway at least Internet was fast and operating well from the room.
In summary if you plan to visit NY city and book this motel to save some money thing twice. Its not worth. Beside the 40 min of driving, you face difficult to drive and easy to get lost roads (not practical with the high gas prizes this days) and on top you pay tolls. Go somewhere else at least this Days Inn haven't done its homework yet...

• Liked — fast free internet from room
  • Disliked — very noisy room; not clean; terrible breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Iselin hotels

Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2007

As someone who stays at Days Inn frequently, I know that they can be hit or miss. This one stated that it was in the middle of renovations. Looks like they renovated the lobby and stopped. The room had a old baseboard heater that was falling apart. My husband and I thought that it couldn't be a working one, but then not only was it working, but we couldn't shut it off. Just the start of a terrible stay. The grout on the bathroom floor was coming up. The TV wiggled everytime you walked near it and we thought it was going to fall down on one of us. The AC (which we turned on to counteract the heat) blew such a mold smell that we had to turn it off. I could go on about all the other reasons I would not recommend this hotel, but let me just say STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Disliked — Lack of care by staff
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed February 16, 2007

My job put us up for a night and all I can say is "OH MY GOODNESS"!!!!!. This place is a pure dump and should be torn down. I cannot believe that the state allows this half rooming house to stay open. My experience was horrific. When you first walk in the ceiling and side wall is open (wires showing) and there is a dirty couch that looks like they picked it up from off the street. When they gave me my room the so called manager had to walk me to my room and told me that they don't have room keys and I would have to leave my door open if I wanted to leave!! the side panel of the door was missing screws and the door wouldn't shut tightly. If you wanted to kick the door in, you could. The carpet was nasty, the room smelled disgusting and the pillows had lumps in them. Someone took pieces of foam and made it into a pillow. I wanted to take a shower and the tub was full of hair!!!!!. Also there was no shower in my room just the tub. I asked the manager for some disenfect and he said he did not have any because it was so late. I forgot to mention that they were doing so called construction and extension cords were in the hallways going from one room to another.

I am reporting this dump and advise you not to stay here!! Please tell everyone you know "Dont stay here"

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
55 Thank ForeverSunshiny
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 11, 2006

There is something abou tthe feel of this place that is so grimy and seedy that I could not get myself to change into my nightgown and stay the night. Maybe it was the two "cardboard" doors with the scary locks and hearing other people fight through the thin walls, or maybe it was the peeling wallpaper and the stained drop ceiling and the two chairs in the room that were so battered they looked like they had been used to break something in or down...

My husband and I, not normally freaked out by an occasional seedy joint on a layover or whatnot, not able to sleep in fear of our safety, wrote off the pre-paid $60.00 and fled to the Sheraton.

They may be remodeling the lobby, but I had the vibe that at one point they might have been remodeling and just gave up.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
37 Thank LKB113
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 7, 2006

Comforter with holes, carpet sticky, Indifferent staff. To top it all rowdy group came to stay and disturbed us all. Have complained to BBB

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Arrogant staff
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled with family
25 Thank Vinnies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iselin
Holiday Inn Express Woodbridge
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
Apa Hotel Woodbridge
#2 of 3 in Iselin
Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel
Residence Inn Woodbridge Edison/Raritan Center
Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge
Comfort Suites at Woodbridge

Been to Days Inn Iselin - Woodbridge? Share your experiences!