“A favorite place to eat”

Kona Grill - Woodbridge
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Woodbridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Iselin
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gill Lane
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Lively atmosphere, great food and friendly attentive service combine to provide an excellent eating experience. Also, very good location and parking.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I ate here with a few work colleagues for dinner as it was right next to our hotel. We ordered chicken lettuce wraps to start which were tasty. I had the Ahi steak ordered rare, with rice and bok choi. It came out perfect. Fairly large portioned for me, but probably fine if you have an appetite. We ordered two desserts to split, a carrot cake and a chocolate brownie. Between the three of us these two desserts were left unfinished. They were huge! Good, but if you are going to split just order one. All in all a good meal for a chain restaurant.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I went here for dinner, there were only a few people seated at the bar where I sat. But the place was noisy. I asked the bartender what craft beers they serve and was told only Yuengling, which I ordered. Another person sat down and ordered a Sam Adams – that’s a craft beer – a bartender should know what they serve. While eating dinner, I was not asked if I wanted another beer – the bartender was too busy talking to a couple of girls seated at the bar. I had to flag him to get his attention to order another beer. If hitting on the girls at the bar is important, ask the manager for the night off. Finally, my order included soup and an entrée. With an entrée, the soup is only supposed to cost $3 – I was charged $6. I will say the soup was excellent.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

too noisy and crowded for the weekday night, flat breads and sushi are nothing to miss either, very much like a busy chain spot, beer selection is aweful as well

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had heard about the Kona Grill from a Golf buddy. I decided to check it out.
Knowing that this was a Japanese fusion type restaurant and knowing I have many food allergies, I was skeptic and a little nervous.
Upon entering, you are greeted with a friendly smile and you immediately are taken with the unique welcoming décor.
This place has an informal patio dinning area and a formal interior seating section. We opted for the inside. There is a charming bar and plenty of Televisions so you wont miss the big game.

We were greeted quite professionally by our server. His name was Cor and his unique accent will grow on you as will his friendly smile and personality.
I explained my food allergies to him, and fortunately his precise knowledge of the entire eclectic menu allowed him to not only suggest safe meals for me, but he also made some safe alterations to the restaurants traditional menu to accommodate me.

He explained how the food was comingled and assured me I would not have any worries.
As extra assurance the manager Christopher personally examined my meal which was incredibly tasty and allergy friendly.

Now, this may not sound important to those who do not have food allergies, but for those who do and those who have children with allergies, you will appreciate a nice meal in a beautiful environment with out worrying about reactions to food allergies.

That being said, Kona Grill has an expansive menu from flatbread pizza to Sushi, Sea Bass to Turkey Burgers. You will find something you will enjoy here.
They provide a full bar and a decent wine list.

The service was excellent, if you go there ask for Cor and you will have impeccable service, from a server who knows his menu well. He is attentive to how you order as well as how it comes out.
He makes you dinning experience pleasant as well as fun. Good luck guessing where his subtle accent is originated.

For those who have read my past reviews, you know I am a stickler for cleanliness, Kona grill passes my White Glove Test. Clean tables and seats, clean floors and a clean restroom.

Enjoy the atmosphere , the televisions and your children will be drawn to the large Saltwater fish tank full of colorful fish.

If your staying at the Renaissance hotel in Woodbridge or shopping at the mall or just passing through, stop by the Kona grill for a great experience.