“Very Excellent”

Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Irvington
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The location is excellent and the price of a suitable room hotel is just half an hour from Manhattan by bus and the room was clean and daily room service and hotel staff very friendly, especially Ms. Carolina

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank GeorgeUAE
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Everyone at Americas Best Value Inn, specially Ms. Carolina, would like to Thank You for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We are flattered to read such an amazing review, I'm glad you were satisfied with our rooms, location, value, and service! We Thank You once again for choosing our property and I would love to Invite you back the next time you're around the area!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

The shuttle pick you at P4 shuttle car (take the monorail). I had to wait for the shuttle for a long time even after calling (freephone P4 shuttle parking) but the driver, to go and back, was very friendly. To return, the shuttle will drop you to your departure terminal.
Some difficulty to find my reservation. They does not seem to use a reservation system with global visualization. Simply give them the name of your booking website.

This is a hotel for an overnight stay between flights. no more
The bathroom and the bed is clean.

I did not try the breakfast because I left too early for my flight.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to review our property. I want to sincerely apologize for the delay while waiting for the shuttle; the road from the airport is being paved so that may have caused the delay. I'm glad to know our friendly driver was able to assist you well. I’m happy that our services were satisfactory and that you found our rooms up to standards as we are proud to be ranked the best hotel of our category around the Newark Airport location offering the most for our value! Thank You once again for choosing our property and we would love to invite you back to try our continental breakfast and for an even better experience!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Needing an overnight stay close to Newark airport, my husband booked us in Americas Best Value Inn in Newark. Neither of us had heard of it, but we just needed a place to lay down between flights. I have to admit, I didn't get past the lobby with the bulletproof glass and drunks wandering around. I went to the window and when she couldn't find my reservations, I thanked her and left. My son was afraid to drop me off there...me too! The outside looks clean, the neighborhood is a bit rough for me,... and I stayed in Laredo, Texas! If you stay IN the hotel it might be fine, but I had a lot of luggage and was traveling with my youngest son. I felt very uncomfortable to stay there overnight, so it was a blessing in disguise.

We went to the Ramada across from Newark airport.

Room Tip: If you stay here...get a room on th second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kellysstudio
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Everyone at Americas Best Value Inn would like to Thank You for taking the time to write us a review. We would like to offer our most sincere apology for your experience during the short time you remained at our property. We find it very unfortunate that our front desk clerk wasn't able to find your reservation in our system. Our spacious rooms and facilities will often change a guest's mind. Our continental complementary breakfast is always a guest's favorite, and our shuttle services are often found the most useful. We would like to invite your back for an opportunity to experience it yourself. We would like to Thank You once again for choosing our property.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on July 3rd 2013 for one night. I was a solo female traveler.
Good things: My room itself was big, acceptably clean, comfortable and with all facilities (air-con, plasma tv, toiletries, good towels, hair dryer, iron and iron board, comfy beds, etc) Some items in the room needed replacing (desk lampshade was in bits) and the carpet could do with some shampooing. The hotel is about 10 mins from the airport and offer free shuttle service every 1/2 hour or there abouts. At the airport you need to go to P4 on the airport train shuttle and there the help desk would call the hotel for you if you don't have a phone. Very helpful. The hotel offers complimentary breakfast which I couldn't have because my flight was too early, but it look good. I wish I had had time to try it.
Bad things: at the airport when I called the hotel I had a hard time talking to the hotel receptionist as she had a very strong foreign accent, but we manage at the end. I had to wait for the shuttle for almost 40 minutes. That made me a bit uneasy. The hotel is located in a very scary neighbourhood. Nothing to go and see outside, and to be honest better to stay in your room. For those brave and traveling on a group, there are many fast food drive throu joints around the hotel. I did not risk putting a foot outside. On arrival there was only one person on reception and took over 20 minutes to check in while waiting in the baking hot. There was a triple galas window with small hole at the front desk, like those in banks, which confirmed the unpleasantness of the neighbourhood. Over all, this is a good place to rest your head before or after a flight, but certainly not a place to spend a holiday. It is very inexpensive compared to other airport hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Everyone at Americas Best Value Inn would like to Thank You for taking the time to write us a review. We are thrilled to know our rates, spacious rooms, and other facilities were up to your standards. We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. We would like you to know we are taking the measures necessary to avoid delays when it comes to our shuttle services. Unfortunately, our surrounding have proven to be out of our control nevertheless it encourages to work even harder to be the best in a non favorable location. We Thank You once again for choosing our property and we would to invite you back the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The water was brown when we first got there, there was hair on the towels and in the tub. Kinda gross. Our reservations were all messed up. I paid for 5 nights ahead of time through travelocity and when we got there they tried to charge us over again and all out info was wrong. The clerk did not speak good English and it was hard to ask questions. The shuttle van "ran every 30 minutes" or "whenever someone needed it" yet we waiting for over an hour more than once for the shuttle. We were told it was a safe area during the day but we probably shouldn't wander around outside at night. The breakfast was limited; juice, coffee, cereal, apples, oranges, danishes, bagels, and waffles. The waffles were delicious! We hated it the first few nights and debating changing hotels, but by the end of trip we embraced it and it was a learning experience.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Everyone at Americas Best Value Inn would like to Thank You for taking the time to write us such an insightful review. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. Unfortunately, water problems such as the ones you experienced have proven to be out of our control. We would like you to know, we are taking every step possible to ensure the quality of our rooms are up to a guest standards. Clerks are being trained to be more efficient and our shuttle services are modified to ensure a guest is able to get from point A to point B in the shortest period of time possible. Thank You once again for choosing our property.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived late at night. We were tired and the elevator didn't work. We were on the third floor. Very discouraged we climbed the stairs with our luggage in tow. Surprise! Our room was nice and clean, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was adequate. Also the elevator had been fixed overnight. They certainly aim to please.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Everyone at Americas Best Value Inn would like to Thank You for taking the time to write us a review. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your arrival time. However, we are to know your night was turned back around when you took a look at your rooms and we are more than happy to know our complementary breakfast was up to your standards. Thank You once again for choosing our property and we would love to invite you back the next time you're in the area!

Sincerely
Viridiana Alvarez

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Excellent service. Everyone was so very helpful and friendly. They (Deepa and colleagues) went out of their way to ensure that we had a happy, safe and comfortable stay.

The rooms were spacious and new flat screen tvs were in every room.

The staff were aware of timetables and bus schedules to and from Manhattan or anywhere we needed to go.

The drivers of the shuttle bus were knowledgeable.

Thank you all very much.

Room Tip: Non-smoking room is better (unless you smoke)!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
parkwayhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Everyone at Americas Best Value Inn would like to Thank You, specially the Front Desk Staff, for taking the time to write us a review. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed our spacious rooms and our recent change in television sets. We are working even harder to expand the information we can prove at hand to ensure an even better experience when traveling. We Thank You once again for choosing our property, and we would love to invite you back again the next time you're in the area!

Viridiana A.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvington
Newark Central Business District
Best Western Plus Robert Treat Hotel
The Kenilworth Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth

Been to Americas Best Value Inn @ Newark Airport? Share your experiences!