“Delicious food, but long wait”

Christie's Italian Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Christie's Italian Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Howell
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2018

My husband and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day a night early to avoid the holiday crowds, so we made a reservation at Christie's. The restaurant was fairly empty as I imagine most people will be coming on Valentine's Day. We were promptly seated and the server arrived table side to take drink orders; I had to ask her what the night's specials were. We ended up ordering from the regular menu - a double cut pork chop and veal Marsala. Our appetizers - stuffed mushrooms and tri-color salad were brought to us a few minutes later. It is a good thing we were chatting with the couples at the next table because the first couple ordered their dessert, paid their bill, and left, then another couple took their places and were served their hot appetizers and salads before our entrees finally made it to our table; approximately 35 minutes after finishing our appetizer and salad. I swear, I thought they must be catching the pig! The food itself was very good; the pork chop was very tender and flavorful. We did have desserts which were also delicious - carrot cake for me, and cheesecake with nutella and coconut on top for my husband. While we enjoyed spending time together and savoring our food, I was confused as to why our meals took so much longer than the other diners' meals. I know better than to ask! I wonder what would have happened if we had come on a busy night.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Eight people for dinner, service and food a ten
Slo cooked lamb like butter, amazing. Fish and shrimp selections are wonderful. Food was hot and well prepared,presentation was perfect. Reservations a must always busy. A good restaurant to spend an evening with friends and family. Will be back to this one.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

I went tto Christie's for dinner with a bunch of friends to celebrate one of my friends birthday. It was the first time I was there, and I will definitely be going back again in the near future.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed January 12, 2018

This is a nice Italian Restaurant located right on Rt 9 in Howell, NJ. The restaurant is a good size, and they take reservations, which is advisable because the place gets pretty crowded. I was impressed that even though the restaurant was full, it was still pretty quiet. They have a very good menu, and everything that we had was very good. Service was quick and friendly.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

I grew up with parents born and raised in Italy with a home-cooked meal every night. I've gone to Christie's numerous and it's like eating at home. Food is delicious and reasonably priced. The menu is pretty extensive and the specials are excellent. I highly recommend you go eat at this gem!

Date of visit: December 2017