“A Real Gem”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Many people go to Kuzu to see the belly dancer. We went for the food, and we were not disappointed. My wife and I enjoyed delightfully prepared lamb dishes, while our friends feasted on delicious chicken entrees.
The Turkish coffee and teas provided the perfect compliment to the Baklava for desert.
We plan on returning often, and maybe next time we will go on a Saturday when the dancer performs. No matter which evening you go, you will be treated to good food and outstanding service.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I received a gift certificate to Kuzu Mediterranean Grill, so we went tonight for dinner. As noted by another reviewer, you should not judge a book by its cover. From the moment we entered to restaurant, the service was excellent and attentive. For appetizers, we shared both the sauced eggplant and fried calamari, both were very good. For our entrees, we had shrimp mediterranean and chicken kebab yogurt platter. The entrees were excellent. The meal was closed with baklava and coffee. Besides the excellent food and service (our waiteress was very good and attentive to our needs while handling the remaining tables in the restaurant and a 90th birthday party of 25 people), there was belly dancer. She danced tastefully for each tables and even had many of the particpants from the 90th birthday up and dancing. Definitively had a good time. We will be going back again very soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

So my family wanted Turkish food and to watch belly dancing. Why, I don't know but they did. We were going to go a location in Union City but they did not have dancing on the Saturday night we wanted to go. So, we trekked to Howell (65 min drive). When we got to the restaurant, it looked as my kids would say, sketch. DO NOT JUDGE THIS BOOK BY ITS COVER. When we got in, we were greeted by the owner who immediately made us feel welcome. The waitress followed up and made the experience. Considering she was working alone, she was great. The food was fantastic, especially for Howell. If you are expecting Istanbul, remember you are in Howell. The lamb dishes were fantastic. The chicken Adana was amazing, BETTER than I had in Istanbul. Desert was good, excellent if you do not like really sweet baklava. Since it was my wife's birthday (we only made a comment in passing to the waitress), they surprised us with a fruit platter and sang happy birthday.

The belly dancing show was fun. A single belly dancer who not only danced but got people from each table to dance too. Again, if you are excepting a sensual Turkish belly dancing extravaganza, you are in Howell. If you want a demonstration of belly dancing that is appropriate for your 13 year old son and your 85 year old mother, and a good laugh as you and your friends dance, it is perfect.

Our 4 hours trip - 1 hour driving each way and 2 hour dinner - was amazing. Good food and good laughs, but more importantly, fantastic memories which my family and I will treasure for years to come.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife, friends and I have eaten in Kuzu several times. On each occasion the food has been wonderful, the service pleasant, attentive and quick. The prices are quite good. For appetizers we have had stuffed grape leaves, Fried Calamari and others - always excellent. For dinner We have had various lamb combinations, lamb adena and chicken adena as well as mixed grill. We have also had their fish dishes. All have been excellent. Their bread is superb.Prices for main dishes except the mixed grill are all under $20. Appetizers are between 5 and 8 dollars except for the platters and combinations which are more. The yogurt sauce on several dishes has been wonderful. Decor is nice. The place is BYOB. I highly recommend it. Our last visit was 4 days ago.

1  Thank traveldoc2011