“Great Atmosphere good food”

The Inn at Millrace Pond
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Hope
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Oxford, New Jersey
“Great Atmosphere good food”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have been to the Inn a few times both sitting in the main dinnig area and in the tavern. If you are looking for more of an intimate setting the tavern is great. Especially if you go during the fall/winter with the fire place burning. The building has some really great character and history to it. Everytime I visit I get the lobster pot pie, I have never seen it on a menu other then in New England, but it is just as good as you would get in Main. The service is hit or miss, seems to be better in the main dinning area.

• Visited January 2012

Andover, New Jersey
“Disappointment”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

After taking my wife to the inn for many years, I was disappointed at the way the restuarent has deteriorated. The physical building was still very attractive. The operation was poor in that the web site menu differed significantly from what the actual menu is now. The menu that was presented was foodstained and contained very few choices. The one choice I decided on they didn't have, so I had to settle for a rather simple pasta dish. The help was friendly and helpful but their was only one other couple to serve in the 2 hours we were there.

• Visited June 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
“FABULOUS!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

My two brothers and I threw my parents a surprise 40th anniversary party. ( I live in VA, they are in NY and CA) so the logistics of planning scared me...but in the end
The hardest part was keeping a secret!! Everyone at the Inn made everything easy and stress/worry free. The food was delicious, the staff was friendly and just plain awesome! We had a party of 35, and I didnt hear one complaint.
And to top it all off it wasnt nearly as expensive as we thought it would be.
My parents were surprised. Everyone was happy! Totally specktacular event!!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kittikatt
cjsmithnj
“Tried it again, still needs some work”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My wife and I decided to give the Inn a try again as we heard things had changed since our last visit; we tried it twice in a one week period. We sat in the tavern, which has fantastic ambiance and a fire going in the fireplace during colder times of year. The host sat us at a table that had not been cleared of the previous diners plates even though there were only two occupied tables in the entire room. The waiter was pleasant and knowledgeable about the menu (we had the same waiter both times)... but when the bread arrived on our first visit we were told they were out of butter... I was hoping it wasn't an omen of things to come.
During the two visits items we ate included the shrimp cocktail that was obviously frozen and tasted like it had been defrosted a while, the scallop appetizer which was great again, lamb chops that were pretty good- salads were good both times. Single malt scotch selection mainly highlands, but had a few.
Our biggest problem with the Inn is they don’t seem to care about the customers that are only coming in for a meal- they seem really focused on the catering end of things. We were there twice in a week and the same host asked if we had been there before… the waiter remembered us and was great both times. I tried this week to see if they changed their menu after the holidays and they no longer have a site just for the Inn, you are redirected to a catering company that has locations all over the state and you can't find a menu for the inn, or find anything at all about dining at the Inn for that matter. I am glad that the location will be used for functions, it’s just a shame that it will not be the fine dining restaurant that the ambiance lives up to and the cost suggests.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank cjsmithnj
“Was once my favorite.”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Wow, what a disappointment. The silverware was spotted,the food lacked flavor and we must
received our dinner 10 minutes before our server had his dinner. We waited over 30 minutes
until he returned. I used to tell everyone that if the had someone the would like to impress,
then by all means take them here. Well we will not be returning. Spoke with receptionist
about our EXPERIENCE. Fell on deaf ears. Upon leaving the restaurant the walkways were
not illuminated.