“Great day trip!”

Land of Make Believe & Pirate's Cove
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Hope
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We went with our 2 1/2 year old and it was perfect for her and so much fun we had a blast. Prices are great. Cash only or discover card only. Atm on site. Water park area was pretty crowded but kept very clean. Life guards are everywhere and they make sure kids aren't jumping off slides or being disruptive. I like that they enforce clothing in the dry ride section and provide changing areas so that people in wet bathing suits aren't sitting or going on rides. Great day!

1  Thank Mrs_SweetPea_09

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We went here for Father's Day right away I recommend this park to folks who want to have a fun day and not spend a ton of money. We were comparing this to Sesame Place, and with our young son we did not want to risk spending the money necessary for Sesame Place in case he was unhappy. Thankfully, even though he did have a meltdown as two year-olds do, he was happy to be there overall.

Pros:
1. Price is fantastic, very inexpensive for what you get. On Father's Day all Dad's were free!
2. The water park is great. They have plenty of activities for young kids and they have 6 water slides for older kids an adults. Even though my son was too young, I went on all the water slides and had a great time.
3. The sidewinder slide. I have not seen this type of slide before. Think of a skateboard half-pipe but with you on a tube and water. Yeah, it is that awesome.
4. You can buy food there or bring your own.
5. The little kids rides are appropriately sized for kids aged 2 and up to probably 12. If you have older kids, just send them to the water park while you enjoy the other rides with the younger kids.

Cons:
1. The park doesn't have the polished feel that other parks have. The parking lot is gravel and the grounds are grass. The pool area looks great, but the park feels like it is not very well maintained.
2. Don't expect a good cell signal. However, to be fair, you shouldn't be on your phone while in the park, but just a heads up.
3. I'm not sure I would go here outside of the a warm day to utilize the water park. We spent probably 80% of our time in the water park.

Overall, I absolutely recommend the Land of Make Believe for a nice warm summer day. I was considering only giving it 4 stars, but for the price, it is a great use of money.

5  Thank psudino
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I took my GF and her seven year old son on a Wednesday. The non-water park part is mediocre and dated. The Santa house is dark and hot, kinda weird. The haunted house is good only for the very young. The rides are basic carnival rides. The petting zoo is small. There is a little arcade with tickets to get prizes, the selection of prizes were pretty good, lots you can get for a few tickets, again good for little ones. The train ride is nice, goes around the whole park. The water park is what makes the trip worth it. It is not huge but fun. There is a boat with water guns and adults can actually walk on it too. The lazy river is nice. When we went there were no lines and we went on and on until we were exhausted. The free parking is great. The 2 dollar water bottles are big. The food is OK, nothing special. Had the hot dogs, chicken nuggets and sandwich, and fries The sirloin hot dog stand was closed when we went. We got watermelon and creamsicle fudge which was delicious. We got one scoop of ice cream and it was super small. Just note the Discover card or cash only policy. No Visa or MC, never seen that before. Overall not a bad way to spend a summer day with your young one.

2  Thank njtraveler46602
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I went here as a kid, took my kids here and now I take my grandkids to LOMB. Yesterday we went to a birthday party and it was wonderful! Although nothing really seems to change (train ride, the old plane etc) things are added. It is always so clean, workers are polite, and just an all around well run place. Having a birthday party there is Amazing! What a great day!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My friends and I decided to take a week day off and take kids ages 18 months to 4 years old to this park and we'll I may say I wasn't impressed at all. For me it was a very long drive but I wanted to try something new. I liked the free parking. Admission was 25 for me and 27 for my daughter. There are a decent amount of rides for kids around age 4 but not many if you're any older. There is a water psrk which was beyond packed with older kids. My biggest issue would be that the park cooks their food in peanut oil. I'm still in shock that a kids place would do this. There are way too many kids including mine with a peanut allergy so we were stuck getting pizza. There were two options a hot dog or pizza. The pizza is eaten in the strangest location. It's supposed to be Santas Barn but it's dark and spooky and made my daughter cry. The pizza wasn't that good and when I asked for a knife and fork I was told they don't them. The staff was polite about it but how can a place that serves food not have utensils? Very odd. I won't be going back. It's just not worth the drive when there are so many other places with more rides and better food options.

4  Thank kricar