“Precious is not stroller friendly, and frankly quite rude”
Review of Precious

Precious
Ranked #113 of 297 Restaurants in Hoboken
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Hoboken, NJ
“Precious is not stroller friendly, and frankly quite rude”
Reviewed February 4, 2009

NOT STROLLER FRIENDLY! NOT STROLLER FRIENDLY! NOT STROLLER FRIENDLY!

Last night (Thursday night) at 5:00pm, I entered the restaurant with another fellow Hoboken mommy. We each had a stroller with a child. The restaurant was COMPLETELY EMPTY. There was a two-person table right next to the front window, and in front of that was a four-top table. My friend and I chose the four-top table so we can each have our respective strollers beside us, and be able to view our children. Additionally, the extra two chairs would be used for our children’s snow suits, diaper bags, and our own coats. Immediately an employee approached me and said, “You have to move to the table closer to the window. You’re blocking a table.” Let me be clear when I say that we would never even be in a busy restaurant with children, let alone prevent an establishment from making business. But the place was COMPLETELY EMPTY. I didn’t see who we were harming by choosing a table that would allow us to enjoy our meal more effectively. When, in a very nice way, I told the gentleman that we would actually prefer to remain at our current table, he went to get the manager. I couldn’t believe I was having this conversation. The manager said, “What happens when people start coming??” I told him that we were only interested in sitting down and having a quick dinner… It was only 5:00pm. I highly doubt that the place would fill up completely in the next half hour. Sure enough, he continued to argue with me and insist that we move to the two-top table, which was crammed against the wall. My friend and I decided to leave, and dine at Aroma, where we were welcomed with open arms. After our meal at Aroma, we passed by Precious, and there was only a family of four sitting at the exact table we wanted to sit in. The only other patrons were two people picking up their take out. Shame on you, Precious! This is a stroller friendly town, and we were trying to accommodate YOUR needs by dining at a not busy time of day.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Quality, simple, comforting Chinese food Hoboken. Not high end but good tastes all around.”
Reviewed April 16, 2008