“Historic Bakery”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Historic Bakery”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Located in the midtown West End. City wide famous for their mutz and bread. Been around forever! A must see stop.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank scottsiegel1959

“Yummmmm”
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Best mutz I have ever tasted. I like to get roasted red pepper and mutz. You will never be satisfied with any other deli once you've eaten here. Been eating here since I was a kid. Sooooo good

Hoboken NJ
“Best Motz”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The best sandwich to get is the roast beef, gravy & mozz on Saturday. There will be a line out the door at lunch. It is not a place you can sit and eat. You should buy mozz (Mozzarella) to have later. Leave it out and on the counter wrapped the first day. Do not put it in the fridge. The second day you can put it in the fridge. Consider getting some extra sharp provolone cheese also. They have good stuffed peppers and other deli goodies.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank PMB001
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Roast Beef, Mozz and Gravy”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The staple of this deli is this sandwich made only on Thursday and Saturday: Roast Beef, fresh mozzarella with the long Italian break soaked in gravy. It doesn't get any better. While you are there buy some fresh mozzarella and take it home. Do not refrigerate under any circumstance. It's located on the only street in Hoboken where you can double park and not get ticketed. Run, do not walk, for a great sandwich. Don't be alarmed if the line is out the door.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Allan K
San Francisco, California
“LOVED It”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Being from the area but not back for quite some time until recently, had to hit the old haunts.

Had to get a 'proper' Italian sub. Was craving one for quite some time. BELIEVE ME. Drove into Hoboken thinking there'd be no way that I would find parking in the area since it can be hell for that. Thinking that it will be worth a ticket and I was willing to double-park and get a ticket. I get on the street, spot the deli, and to my surprise, a parking spot just south of the deli and on the same side. God truly wanted me to get a sub. I go in, take a smell........ Heaven!! I'm home!

Gentleman behind he counter instantly greets me and I feel at home immediately. I start talking about my cravings for a good sandwich and he recommends the best one. He cuts a piece of the homemade mozzarella and hands it to me to sample. Um, how do I express sheer joy in words?
Wonderful, exceptional, magnificent,....... Fill in other words of marvel here,.......

He's talking to me about how the sandwich is prepared, the peppers, etc. Love it. Honest to goodness pride in their establishment. I love the family feel to establishments such as this. Just means so much to me. I listen to the history of the deli with great joy all the while looking at this wonderful delicacy being prepared...... It's ready!

I leave, feeling like I again need to move into the area since I miss the food and the small family feel of several such places. Off to car and my afternoon appointment salivating for the sandwich.

I stop on the side of the road on Frank Sinatra drive overlooking Manhatten and unwrap the sandwich ................... First bite..........

HEAVEN!