“Great dinner”

Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2012

wonderful meals and very cozy atmosphere. My favorite time to go here is in the fall/winter.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Overall we really enjoyed this experience at Anthony and David for my friend's birthday dinner. Used to Babbo and Lupa before moving to Jersey, a big fan of Mario Batali, and had high expectations that were nearly met. Everything from the pasta to the tiramisu was prepared perfectly, but strangely the choices of ingredients in some of the dishes seemed to me odd. For instance, having previously had spicy tuna tartar appetizer at another restaurant combined with pine nuts, in which the flavors complimented each other very well, here the tuna combined with the garbanzo beans seemed not to work texturally or with respect to the flavor combination. The tuna tartar itself was perhaps the best I've ever had, but, again, failed to inspire completely because of the combination of a bean that doesn't have a complimentary flavor. The prosciutto and octopus appetizers were really wonderful, however. Entrees were wild boar pasta and rabbit pasta, both of which were, again, prepared perfectly, again, I just question the texture of the pasta choices with the meats, as a meats, like wild board, was served shredded was served with cavatelli, whereas I think it would have been better with a pasta like fettuccine or pappardelle, as the the rabbit was served with, more successfully. Tiramisu for dessert was wonderful. Service was excellent, although he was very busy-I think they could've used another waiter on, or a busboy, which I don't think I saw. Finally, it's BYOB, FYI for better or for worse...

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Great food, but make sure you have a reservation! I've never had a bad bite at this place. Also, it's BYOB...but not cheap.

1  Thank ek l
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Since I saw so many good reviews, we decided to do an early Saturday dinner at Anthony David's. No regrets, it was fantastic. Our server was prompt in arranging our requested champagne glasses and getting us off to a good start. The white bean dip with assorted bread also enhanced our welcoming.
Appetizers- spicy tuna tar tare- great interpretation with the chick peas and kalamata olives
Veal meatballs- tender, with a true home made Sunday gravy flavor

Entrees- truffle risotto, al dente and truly delicious
Lamb Osso Bucco with creamy polenta and carrots. Outstanding and perfectly executed.

Dessert- home made brownie with pistachio gelato. Wow. The brownie had an almost macaroon texture and the gelato was excellent.

Our server was knowledgeable and thorough. The ambiance is warm and elegant without being stuffy. A great, upscale BYOB in Hoboken and a new favorite.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Creative and imaginative food. It is a little pricey but it is BYO so that helps with the bill. Service is always great - the server will describe the dishes in detail or choose for you. You can order fresh cheese and roasted veggies to start or a traditional starter. Plenty of fresh fish and imaginative cuts of meat. Desserts are awesome!