“Best Pizza in Hoboken”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Best Pizza in Hoboken”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

It is hard for me to just grab a slice anywhere after having pizza at Grimaldi's.(no slices) I would rather grab a personal or small pie than get a "slice" just anywhere. Their brick oven pizza is exceptional, however a bit pricey. For the taste, it is worth it.

Visited October 2012

Kitchener, Canada
“Delicious thin crust pizza”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We visited Grimaldi's on the Mangia Hoboken food tour. They served the group of us many slices of pizza, and it was delicious.

So good, that we went back the next night to order a large pepperoni and mozzarella pizza for take-out. It was delicious, and thin crust.

It was better than anything we have at home, and I wish I lived closer to enjoy it more often.

• Visited October 2012
Roxbury, New Jersey
“Completly overrated!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Was returning from a family day trip in NYC and decided to get pizza in Hoboken. Having grown up in north jersey, I've had my fair share of good pizza and decided to pick Grimaldi's based on their #1 pizza in Hoboken rating. Well, the place is clean the service was fast & friendly but the pizza just wasn't good.
The dough, cheese and especially the gravy desperatly needed salt. We ordered two large pies and a calzone. The calzone came with a side of tomato sauce, which was literally crushed tomatoes out of a can! It was a let down to say the least.
The last time we were in Hoboken looking for a pizza joint, we went to Giovanni's on Washington St., at the suggestion of a family member. It was so much better then Grimaldi's

• Visited September 2012
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Authentic pizza like what you'd get in Italy”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

As a Hoboken resident I've tried a lot of pizza in town and think Grimaldi's is best. Having just visited Italy where I ate a LOT of pizza--Grimaldi's is a close 2nd to what you'll find in Italy. Great sauce tastes like it's made with fresh tomatoes and perfect crust that is not too tough. I usually take out & have only eaten in once or twice but it seems to be pretty busy all of the time--highly recommended!

• Visited August 2012
Virginia
“So good!!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We came on a Friday night around 6 and had to wait a bit but not too long. They have a nice size bar where you can watch a game. The place is pretty clean, comfortable, and pleasant. The bathrooms are really clean too. Service was great too, no problems at all.

Pizza is exceptionally good. Thin crusts, natural tasting ingredients, and made in that coal brick oven in the back all make it some of the best pizza I've ever eaten. If I had to make one complaint, it was my wife's sangria tasted like fruit juice and she's not the type to like her drinks strong. But she was wondering if there was any alcohol even in it. Just a warning if you're gonna have a mixed drink here they may be skimpy on the alcohol. But other than that, pizza and the antipasto was superb here. Will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2012