“Best Indian in area - by far”
Review of Karma Kafe

Karma Kafe
Ranked #22 of 295 Restaurants in Hoboken
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to our trend setting Indian Bistro established in 1999. Step into Karma Kafe and you will see brass temple bells hanging strategically over our full service bar. Intricate woodcarvings of Hindu Gods and Goddesses adorn pale textured walls. Custom made elaborate enamel tables rest on light maple hardwood floors. Watching over all is the "Devi" or Goddess, a six-foot wide, gold leaf depiction of our logo, which adorns our ceiling. Our menu has been greatly appreciated for being daring and innovative, and successfully incorporating the latest dining trends while retaining the essence, traditions and principles of Indian Cuisine. At lunch we feature an Unlimited Buffet along with quick light fare such as our flavorful Tandoori Wraps. Our dinner menu features an array of Starters that are built for sharing. Our Main Courses carry on the theme of standards intermingled with our unique creations. We offer take out, delivery, catering, and free parking. Our seasonal outdoor café is a great vantage point from which to people watch on busy Washington Street. So stop by for a quick bite and signature cocktail, or for a long leisurely evening with friends and family. Your Table Awaits You!!!
“Best Indian in area - by far”
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I just had our 5th meal here in two months. The Chicken Madras is so good. Their gin cocktail is great (and quiet strong)
It's a cheap meal so don't expect fawning Michelin restaurant style service - but boy the curry is top level and for those that appreciate decent Indian food.

1 Thank synapticsi

New York City, New York
“Wonderful Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Service is great. Food is really good. nice big Taj Mahal beers mmmmm. I usually get Chicken Malibar

Visited November 2012
1 Thank NYTim
New York City, New York
“I don't like it....”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Twice over at KArma cafe in the last year, the place is thronged by a constant stream of customers, which surprises me. They have an outdoor seating too which is better than sitting indoors on a good day. The staff is impersonal.... You have to order big to keep them happy. The food smells stale. Being an indian I completely relate to the lack of freshness in their food. It is a sub avg experience. I would visit again only if I am starving and they seem like the only proximal planetary option.

Visited July 2012
“Great Indian restraunt :)”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We love comming here over and over. Great Indian food. For a very small place, and have to say one the best places in the area.
It also depends on what you order, don't need to order alot as portions are big. We never really like buffets so I rather not comment .

We have taken several of our non Indian friends and they have all loved the food here as much we do and have bought other people here from the city. Which we found funny, because there are few good Indian place in NYC. We really usually order only chicken or shrimp biryani and occantionally chicken tikka, it's because that is the only think we really like it just our usual and some drinks and bread basket which I almost forgot . I always get my Islam tea , an alcoholic beverage , which they don't have any more but they still make it for me every time. Most Indians don't tip so it tells a lot when they do and the service you get when you always return. We always, always get great service with or without friends or family we bring.

2 Thank Caprice164
Ramsey, New Jersey
“Decent Indian”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Decent Indian with a bar - nothing great but not awful. Good for takeout.

Been to Karma Kafe? Share your experiences!