“Great food and friendly service!”

The Hoboken Gourmet Company
Ranked #43 of 351 Restaurants in Hoboken
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped in here before taking a cake decorating class and found a really friendly and casual establishment. The food was great, very fresh and good sized portions. I am happy to recommend this quaint little cafe!

Date of visit: August 2013

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast. Food was quite tasty though average value for breakfast. Small but pleasant interior. I would go here again.

Date of visit: August 2013
Reviewed April 28, 2013

On a recent trip to New York we decided to check out Hoboken. In need of a coffee and starting to get a little hungry, we stumbled upon this rather funky coffee house. Michael ordered a muffin (unfortunately I can't recall which kind it was), and I asked for a latte and a biscotti.
The service (from the owner) was ten out of ten. He was constantly in motion, making sure everyone had everything. He even topped up my latte. I have never had that happen, ever. And the muffin was absolutely to die for. Michael said it was the best muffin he'd ever had and the owner said "So I guess our sign is right, then". It was so good that he bought a second muffin to take with us: a whiskey fig one. It, also, was simply unbelievable.
If you are in Hoboken I strongly encourage you to check out this café. Wonderful service, a nice atmosphere, an independent joint, and likely the best muffin you will ever have.

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Come here pretty often on the weekends for brunch. The servers are the friendliest people ever. The coffee is great. I don't believe myself or anyone I have ever gone with has ever been unsatisfied with their food order. Some of my favorites include the turkey and smoked gouda sandwich, the salsa egg sandwich, the migas, and the french toast. The place is pretty tiny (especially in the winter when they don't have the outdoor seating) but the wait is never too long. Tables usually are in and out relatively quickly, but the staff by no means tries to rush you, you can be there for as long as you want and have many cups of coffee. Definitely one of my favorite places in Hoboken.

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Ate there this past Saturday with friends that lived there, and it truly was a great experience. The weather was a little chilly and we had to sit outside, however our server noticed we were cold and when a table became available inside she offered to move us in. It was very nice of them as they were really busy. We all ordered something different and the cajun chicken blt was fabolous. I really enjoyed it there. and if you like french toast get it with the banana butter, it is out of this world.

Date of visit: October 2012