“many great dishes”

Cuisines: Italian
Hoboken, New Jersey
“many great dishes”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Its great to go to Vito's because they have specials that are new and for a great traditional Italian deli with all the classics they will also have some very high end combos that are delish.
Really always consistently good food, fast service, good variety...and usually a line but it moves fast!

• Visited December 2012

Chatham, Illinois
“Tasty Local NJ Subshop”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family loves to eat locally when we are on vacation, so, when we made a pit-stop in Hoboken to visit Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss!), we sought out local fare to have lunch. I'd seen a few references to Vito's Deli online from Food Network celebrities (such as Ted Allen) about their favorite deli sub "wit mutz" (short for mozzarella) & found that Vito's Deli was just down the street from Carlo's.

Our family of 4 each ordered subs, chips & drinks for about $24. There is a huge selection of meat, cheeses and garnishes. I had the turkey wit mutz w/lettuce, tomato, red onion & dressing. The bread was amazingly fresh for it being late afternoon, the mutz was really creamy & flavorful. Being from the Midwest I'd never had that kind of homemade mozzarella on my sub!) My husband had the roast beef wit mutz & different garnishes but also enjoyed the sandwhich. My kids who aren't big on dressings got plain subs & enjoyed theirs as well. Sidewalk seating is limited, so grab a table when you get there. The sandwiches were delicious & the ambience of a local NJ deli was a fun experience for everyone. I would definitely recommend Vito's Deli!

Visited July 2012
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“BEST MUTZ IN TOWN!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Son-in-law took me there to pick up Mutz and meats for family "Feast of Seven Fishes".
The cheeses and meats we purchased were delicous. The small shop and atmosphere was wonderful. Staff works fast and extremely effecient. We had purchase sandwiches earlier in the week and they were tasty, too. Looking forward in returning for my Tee shirt!

• Visited December 2011
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Very nice deli”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We all enjoyed our sandwiches at this deli. Apparently so do the Hoboken police because there were probably 6 to 8 of them who came in at various times while we ate out front. I would eat here frequently if I lived nearby. Plenty of other Italian goods available if you want to make your own lunch.

• Visited July 2011
Nyc
“A Deli that Should not be Missed”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

There are a lot of Italian delis that make mozzarella and sandwiches in Hoboken and the debate over which is best goes on and on in this town. I will say that Vito's has never let me down. Everyone has their favorite and this is mine.

Vito's also has the best selection of Italian goodies in town like hard to find olive oil brands, olives, italian salads spreads and pasta. The service is great and it's very clean.

In the summer they offer a few outside tables. Otherwise it's strictly to go.

• Visited December 2010

Been to Vitos Deli? Share your experiences!