“horrible management, but great service, and good food”
Review of It's Greek To Me

It's Greek To Me
Ranked #59 of 295 Restaurants in Hoboken
Cuisines: Greek
Bridgewater, nj
“horrible management, but great service, and good food”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

service and food was great, but the manager lady was terrible! She refused to honor our http://restaurant.com voucher and then while we were discussing, she just walked away. She should fire herself.

Waiter was great though, we still left a great tip only for that reason.

Visited February 2011

Hoboken, NJ
“Good Greek Food”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Nothing fancy here, but everything is good. I always like the greek salad, lentil soup and gyro.

New York
“Best location of this Greek chain”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

It's Greek to Me is a moderately priced Greek chain restaurant. I visited their Fort Lee, NJ location several years ago and found the food pretty bland. However, my friend highly recommended the Englewood, NJ spot, so I figured the Hoboken destination was worth a shot. The service was quiet slow, but nice enough.

My friend's Lamb Soulvaki Pita was pretty large and packed with flavorful meat. The lamb was tender and fat-free with a spicy, smokey, outer layer. My "small" Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken was anything but tiny. The feta cheese was crumbled and easier to eat than the typical cheese chunks offered at many other restaurants. The grilled chicken was perfectly seasoned and well-grilled. The meat was surprisingly lean for tenderloins, though I usually prefer a sliced cutlet. The tomatoes, cucumbers and romaine lettuce were fresh and crisp. The Greek dressing offered the perfect blend of oil and spices. A complimentary side of warm, moist pita triangles and yogurt dipping sauce were a great compliment.

I am definitely looking forward to my next visit to It's Greek to Me.