“Wonderful Everything at the W Hoboken!”
Review of W Hoboken

W Hoboken
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Superb location. Attentive, yet not intrusive service. Superb food and beverage. Super comfortable rooms. And awesome views of Manhattan. In a Word, Wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2010

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re happy you enjoyed our rooms, service and amenities and glad you had a Wonderful W Hoboken experience! –Anna M., General Manager

There are newer reviews for W Hoboken

Reviewed June 28, 2010

Although I only live about 30 minutes away from this hotel, I stayed here one night to rekindle the romance in my relationship with my boyfriend after it had become strained and we didn't have time to go away on vacation. This hotel was the perfect choice. Although we only payed for the "cozy" room it was still luxurious, modern, spotlessly clean and so comfortable. We really enjoyed Hoboken, found great spots to eat along Washington street and it was all close walking distance. The location along the water is beautiful and we strolled the path to take in the amazing view. We really enjoyed spending time in the hotel as well. I have stayed at many nice ones but loved the chic and modern feel of this one. We had a drink sitting on lounges at the lobby bar, checked out the really nice gym and booked massages at the spa. We even ended up ordering late night room service and even though it was really over priced the food was amazing! We can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing W Hoboken for your “staycation” with your boyfriend. I’m glad you enjoyed your Cozy room and were able to explore Hoboken and Washington Street just 2 blocks away. We can’t wait to welcome you back! –Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2010

We stayed one night at the W at the tail end of a mostly business/somewhat pleasure trip.
I loved the W and it actually makes me sad that I can't see myself coming back to Hoboken again on business because it means I won't get to stay here again. I travel a fair amount and it sounds strange to even say that, but it's true. I actually joined starwood rewards planning to visit some other W just because of this stay. My favorite hotel group is Sofitel, and I'd say this W compared favorably. On this same trip we also stayed at a Kimpton hotel, which tries to position itself similarly as hip/trendy, but there is no comparison the W is more successful across the board.
We had a "spectacular" room, $228 but with a million dollar view of the Manhattan skyline. The desk clerk said we were upgraded to a higher floor than what we paid for. The room itself was great, cozy, just modern enough to have a cool/stylish vibe but not so over the top that you'd feel uncomfortable. The bathroom was large, immaculate, modern, well stocked with great Bliss products; loved it.
I had a wicked cold when we stayed, so we didn't go down to the restaurant. The concierge recommended an asian takeout that delivered right to our room; it was FANTASTIC. On the way in and out I saw a street of charming little restaurants, most anyone should be able to find somewhere appealing nearby for dining. There is a riverwalk, and I could see a playground being build on a tiny island right in front of the hotel.
Hubby went to the gym and had it all to himself. (I just popped my head in.) The machines have a skyline view also; and the gym overall was nicely equipped and also immaculately clean. It would benefit greatly by the addition of a swimming pool, and in fact I heard a rumor that a pool was under consideration.
The one complaint was that ALL the public areas were freezing cold. Not just "cool without a sweater" but meat-locker cold. This was late May so I didn't happen to have a parka and gloves handy but I sure wish I did. I wouldn't even have considered going to the restaurant or bar because it was so miserable, and sure enough both of these spots were TOTALLY empty so maybe the temperature had something to do with it.
Personally I wouldn't stay way out here for a NYC shopping weekend or anything like that, but if business or pleasure ever brings you to Hoboken, New Jersey, don't hesitate to stay here.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

I’m so glad we are able to make even your business trips feel like a vacation. We’re thrilled to have you as a brand new SPG guest and hope to welcome you back frequently, hopefully when you are feeling better and will be able to enjoy even more of what we have to offer. I apologize that you were uncomfortable in our Living Room area. Our Engineering Department will look into this and our temperature settings. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. –Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed June 16, 2010

Being stuck in the US for a view due to the eruption of Ejafallajokull, I had to make the best of my stay and was put in this hotel by my company. Great choice! Not only did it allow for a nice working environment (view of Manhattan over the Hudson), it was also conveniently located to go downtown easily. I'll be back.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2010

I’m sorry to hear your travels were affected by the Volcano, but happy to hear that we were able to make this uncontrollable inconvenience a comfortable and wonderful experience. We can’t wait to welcome you back! – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2010

We've stayed in quite a few W Hotels now and this one was very good though there were a few reasons I wouldn't give it 5 stars, see below. If you are not bothered about being on Manhattan I'd recommend this location for the great views and chilled atmosphere of Hoboken where there are enough bars/restaurants if you don't want to go back to NYC after a long day walking. We had a spectacular room on 12th floor and could see Empire State, Chrysler from our room. The room was a very good size and bathroom had a good shower, no bath, with bliss products. The trip into NYC (nr west village) takes about 20 mins door to door and is v cheap $1.75 on Path train and as you get more for your $ in Hoboken its worth the extra travel time. Buy 10 tickets and its $1.30 each way.
In Hoboken we ate at Teak (nr station) and Trinity near hotel and both were very good meals.
For a late lunch in NYC we found Spitzers Corner in East Village (Rivington St) v good for inventive food and drink, though take your ID if you want to drink as we got asked and we're 37!
Breakfast at Pastis in Meatpacking district was v good but an evening meal at Revel (same area) was ok but overpriced, incredibly noisy and with disinterested servers. Take-out breakfast from Dean & Deluca (Broadway NYC) was v good, fruit is expensive but excellent selection of pastries was quite reasonable as was the good coffee.

Our cab from Newark airport to W was $60 before tip but $45 going back with local cab firm so felt a bit ripped off by airport cab as no difference in journey.

The downsides to the hotel were :
no tea/coffee in room - starbucks or other cafes are a few mins walk. There is free coffee in reception but get it early as they don't refill even though they say its till 10am and its not that hot either
Like many W's its a 'party' hotel - I was kept awake/woken all 3 nights there by people being very noisy in the corridors by rooms and also slamming doors. They should really think about getting soft closed doors. The bed was v comfy but when the hotel is too noisy to sleep then the bed counts for nothing!
The Chandelier room is a nice bar with an outside terrace with NYC views but was very busy on the nights we were there with what seemed like private events and work groups. There was nowhere to sit and my cocktails were just thrown together by the only barman outside so I would expect a bit more at $12 a drink plus service!
The lounge bar downstairs is calmer but the freezing air-con meant by the time we'd finished our drink we were ready to move onto somewhere warmer

I wouldn't say that we had outstanding service from anyone at the W. The service from everyone was fine and was friendly but in a 'following the manual' american way.
A good hotel for those that appreciate modern design.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

I’m glad you chose to check out W Hoboken and got a chance to enjoy our rooms, views and experience all that Hoboken has to offer. It is a W Brand Standard to not have coffee makers in each guest room, however if you request this upon your next visit we can certainly provide you with one. I am sorry for the noise disturbances you experienced, and we do take all noise complaints seriously to try our best to ensure an enjoyable night for all of our guests. –Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed June 1, 2010

The W is amongst my favorite hotel brands. I wanted to stay somewhere special in NYC to surprise my girlfriend over memorial day w/e. I did some homework and found that that there is a W in Hoboken, just across the Hudson River from Manhattan with (apparently) spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline and apparently a much more reasonable room rate than in NYC. I am EXTREMELY glad I chose this property. My stay started a few days in advance, with assistance from concierge Patrick on restaurants in Hoboken and NYC and activities in the areas. Upon arriving, a happy and smiling Page checked us in and upgraded us from a Wonderful room to a Spectacular room (thank you!!!). the room was on the 16th floor, looking east out on the Hudson and manhattan...with a day bed positioned so that one (or two!) could relax and enjoy the activity on the water and the view of the city. The night time view was phenomenal, as was the sunrise the next day. In addition to Patrick, concierges Dorian and Ashley were very helpful answering questions and fulfilling small requests. We had phenomenal mojitos in the Chandelier ultralounge (thanks John!), and spent pretty much all night in the room, watching tv and movies and enjoying the views over a bottle of red wine. there are LOTS of great restaurants within 2-3 blocks of the hotel, a gorgeous riverwalk for walking or jogging, and markets and liquor stores very nearby (no need to leave the room!). The drive into Manhattan took maybe 10 minutes. parking was not cheap ($35), but likely par for the area. we had no complaints with ANY aspect of the stay...the rooms were clean and very stylish, electronics worked fine, no noise issues, service was phenomenal...all in all a 10!

We're looking forward to coming back again (and again). Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing W Hoboken to surprise your girlfriend over the long weekend! I’m thrilled to hear you took the opportunity to coordinate plans with our Concierge team, and we will be sure to put Patrick, Dorian and Ashley in the spotlight. I’m glad we were able to upgrade your room type and that you and your girlfriend were able to enjoy the Spectacular views from one of our highest guest room floors. We can’t wait to welcome you back again (and again)! – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed May 24, 2010

The new W in Hoboken is beautiful! It was quiet and peaceful with stunning views of NYC. The Path to the city is a quick walk if you want to pop over but many new restaurants have opened in Hoboken so you may want to stay put. I will be back!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Madmom5
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

Thank you for your comments! I’m glad you enjoyed a peaceful stay with us and that you enjoy Hoboken. We can’t wait to Welcome you back! – Anna M., General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoboken
Hyatt Regency Jersey City
#4 of 14 in Jersey City
The Holland Hotel
The Holland Hotel
#7 of 14 in Jersey City

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!