“The Only Show in Town”

W Hoboken
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 8, 2014

If you venture to the heart of downtown Hoboken, your one and only choice for a hotel is the W. Located along the banks of the Hudson river, you can step outside and walk along the beautiful foot path that hugs the river and admire the fantastic views of NYC. A short two block walk in the other direction takes you to Washington Blvd., the main street of Hoboken that is lined with bars, restaurants, shops, little markets and Carlo's Bakery (The Cake Boss home).

I hotel staff was very friendly and professional. The room was clean and comfortable. The lobby and common areas seemed to be a bit dark but well presented. Since my room was on the 18th floor, I had no issues with the late night music coming from the clubs located on the hotel main floor and second floor.

My main disappointment and surprise was the price and the bill. Since this is the only hotel spot in the area, you are stuck paying $300 plus per night. That's just too much for what you are getting. There are much better value options on the other side of the river in NYC. However, the real bummer occurred when I noticed the charge on my credit card was higher than the bill that was slipped under my door. It turns out that the W decided to charge me for raiding the mini bar (which I did not touch) and for parking (I did not have a car). An unpleasant phone call with their accounting department was needed to clear this up. As a result, I score this property as "average" at best and advise future guests to check their credit card charges with the bill.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
GMWHoboken, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction is very important to us so thank you for sharing both your positive feedback as well as areas for your improvement. This is greatly appreciated as we are always looking to improve upon our guest's experiences. Please accept my apologies for the billing discrepancy and any inconvenience you experienced. I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken soon for a more perfect experience!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Wow! This hotel consistently exceeds expectations! First of all, the views of the Manhattan skyline are drop dead great! Additionally, at every point of contact,each employee provided amazing service. They conveyed a sincere interest in me as a guest. The bed was very comfortable with quality linens. I was treated to a wonderful upgrade as a Spg platinum member. I love this hotel!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience! We are always so happy to hear when our SPG Platinum members enjoy their stay with us and I'm so glad you were so impressed with the service received, and spectacular views ! We certainly love to WOW you! Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

whatta fantastic hotel, very accommodating, service hospitality superlative.....loved the whatever whenever service, means whatever one needs whenever one needs, they will go get it for you, be it a subway/starbucks or whatever it is.....fantastic king suite, was simply fantastic, huge and amazing, thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this W property, worth a visit, intact a must visit/stay for people going to hoboken...with close eyes don't choose any other property in hoboken, it has to be simply W. very centrally located, footsteps away from high street, grocery store, liquor store, eateries like subway, mc donalds and other Mexican, italian cusines....would love to go back and stay here....just to name a few staff who made my stay special are, ms. brenda, ms. julia, mr. steven, ms. raina...thanks guys, highly recommend this property to all hoboken visitors...

Room Tip: fantastic suite king!!!!!
3  Thank clubgauravGuptaa

Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken feedback! We strive to make all our guest’s feel like VIPs and I'm so glad that our team has been able to provide such a personalized experience during your visits! I'm delighted to hear you've explored Hoboken and the many dining options in the area. Thanks again for the rave review which I will certainly share with my team. Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have stayed at this W hotel many times. They never fail to impress. They always know I am coming and they always have had an up-graded room available for me. It seems they actually look at their bookings and have an actual idea of where each will best fit. This time my reception and check-in was with Ashley. She was kind, courteous and professional. She found me an up-graded corner room. Always ask for the corner facing north. The view of New York City and Manhattan is killer.
This hotel has the location, location, location! Along with the NYC view it has an incredible waterfront. There is a park that fronts the new Freedom Tower and Trade Center 3 minutes from the front door. There is also a Million dollar children's play ground 3 minutes the other direction. This playground extends out into the Hudson River. Talk about spectacular, this is it.
The hotel itself is as beautiful as the surrounding area. The reception and bar/lounge area is beautiful, pleasant and relaxing.
From this hotel you can get to the Javits Center, Empire State Building, Times Square, the Trade Center Complex and all points NY and NJ. You can travel by car, ferry, limo and rail. You can choose over or under the Hudson river as your nerves allow.
This hotel has a great fitness center as well. Boo hoo, no pool.
Two blocks up the hill from the hotel is Washington Avenue. It is a beautiful street with hundreds of shops, restaurants and stores. The food ranks from ok to well prepared and worth it. Ok are the fast foods and worth it is Amandas!
Stay here if for no other reason than to stroll the miles of waterfront, watch the runners/bikers and look at Manhattan. Oh yeah, Hoboken may be the "fitness city" of the east coast.

Room Tip: Choose the north side corner suites.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EdwardEagle

Thanks for taking the time to share your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! I’m always so happy to hear guests taking advantage of everything the hotel and the City of Hoboken has to offer! The Pier provides wonderful walking trails and breathtaking views of New York City and I’m delighted to hear you were so impressed. We look forward to your next stay with us at W Hoboken!

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Great staff, very attempting and helpful. Location is amazing with stunning views. It is very easy to go to Manhattan and to Newark airport too. Room was big, with a very nice decoration and comfortable. There are good restaurants and shops in the vicinity

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your wonderful stay on Trip Advisor! I’m truly delighted to hear you were impressed with our team, the service received, and spectacular views. Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Hotel is very nice, view from room was amazing better than anything I'v ever had in NYC.
Value good, platinum status with starwood is repsected they gave me a nice suite with a
perfect view. great bed, great service. No complaints I would definitely go back

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
GMWHoboken, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor! We are always so happy to hear our SPG Platinum members enjoy their stay with us! We certainly love to WOW you! I’m delighted you enjoyed the spectacular views from the comfort of your guestroom. W Hoboken looks forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is probably the best hotel I've stayed at. Very friendly staff, clean, quiet, and good amenities what more can a guest ask for? We stayed here for a short trip around NJ, and this one caught our attention since it is near the water and has a view of New York across. Money for check in is well spent and their valet are very responsible and courteous.

The room we stayed in is very clean and spacious. I love that we had a view of NJ and NY, and not to forget the view is very beautiful at night time. The hotel is also very accessible to bars, restaurants, and stores. Everything about this hotel is perfect and worth it.

Room Tip: Higher corner rooms have the best view of Jersey/New york at night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your amazing W Hoboken experience. I am so happy to hear you appreciated our convenient location, views from your guestroom, and service received. Cleanliness is a top priority we take very seriously at W Hoboken and I’m delighted to hear you recognized this during your stay with us. We certainly do pride ourselves on ensuring our guests are well taken care of when they stay with us, and it is so rewarding to receive this recognition. Hope to welcome you back again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoboken
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
Dharma Home Suites Hoboken at Novia
Candlewood Suites Jersey City
Candlewood Suites Jersey City
#7 of 14 in Jersey City

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!