“Amazing View!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lyndeborough, New Hampshire
“Amazing View!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here for one night about a week ago. I was in town with my mom and sister for a funeral, so it was a brief stay. It was expensive, but worth it for our one night there.

Firstly, the view was amazing. I wanted to watch the city all day and night! I can't say enough about it - I would stay here again just for that view.

The concierge was great and got us reservations at a busy local restaurant plus arranged for our taxi ride to it.

The beds were comfortable and the shower was wonderful. The room was average hotel size and the mini bar and snacks were expensive.

We loved the cute labels on everything, too! The extra roll of TP in the bathroom was labeled "The Back up plan".

All in all a great one night stay!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent W Hoboken experience! I am so glad that you discovered our property and were so impressed with the city views W Hoboken offers. I’m thrilled to hear you explored the Hoboken area and took the opportunity to coordinate plans with our Concierge team. We can’t wait to welcome you back again! -Pedro D, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Spent a wonderful night here. Had a suite with spectacular view. We ate in the hotel restaurant . Quite pleased with the steaks ,sides, salad, tuna carpaccio and the OMG cocktails. Needless to say I recommend this hotel . The staff couldn't do enough. We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your wonderful W Hoboken experience! Guest satisfaction is so important to us and I am so pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations. I’m glad you had time to dine in ZYLO and enjoyed the sips. We certainly hope to welcome you back to W Hoboken and ZYLO! -Pedro D, General Manager
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great staff and service, they really go the extra mile. Excellent, clean rooms with unbelievable views of Manhattan that you can't get in the city itself. Path trains a short walk away with quick access to the city. Great pubs and coffee shops in the neighborhood. Great place for a peaceful night's sleep after a busy day in the city or after a football game.

Difficult to find much to complain about. The washrooms would benefit from fans. The concierge suggested a cab to the football stadium when public transportation was much easier and faster, that's about it.

Will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: While all rooms have excellent views, ask ahead if you want a view of uptown or downtown.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’m glad you enjoyed all that Hoboken has to offer and that our views and Talent were able to WOW you! We can’t wait to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you to the area. -Pedro D, General Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Service not worthy of their rating, all the service staff was obviously looking for a tip for doing anything. Reception desk staff were cold and snobby. Lobby was dark and uninviting, no place to sit and relax. Rooms small and cramped, no coffee maker, for those of us who like to make there own. Great view of New York City. Would not recommend this place - they try to nickel dime you. We have stayed at lower rated places on the road that were more service oriented and actually seem to care about their customers, not so at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I am terribly sorry to learn we missed impressing you during your visit. I was disappointed to learn you felt so unwelcomed by our team. Allow me to extend my sincerest apologies for the way you felt treated. I hope you can trust that this is in no way reflective of the norm here at the W Hoboken.

As a W brand we do not provide coffee makers in our guest rooms, but we can certainly do so on request, so next time you are with us, please don’t hesitate to ask at our Welcome Desk or our Whatever/Whenever department.

Thank you again for sharing your candid feedback. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future so that we are able to provide a more perfect experience! -Pedro D, General Manager
Victoria
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife, 2 kids and I had a wonderful stay at the W Hoboken over the Christmas Holidays. We were warmly welcomed by the Manager, Laurie, who was practically beaming when she informed us that we had been upgraded to the E-WOW room on the 17th floor. Wow, what a room and what a nice surprise from Laurie - many many thanks from our whole family!! The view of the NY skyline was to die for!

Laurie continued to surprise us with a couple of complementary drinks. Thanks again!!

The hotel is a short walk to the PATH train into New York, so we took this when we wanted to get into NY. Our hotel was much cheaper than NY hotels and the 20-30 minutes into NY made it all worthwhile. We enjoyed Hoboken and would have no hesitation staying in the area again.

Of course, the hotel staff, and Laurie in particular, made the stay extremely memorable. If you don't mind the short trip to NY, or don't like the crowds, stay at the W Hoboken and enjoy this great Hotel.

Room Tip: Most rooms have water views of NY and the skyline is to die for! There are only 2 rooms per floor t...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for posting your fantastic W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! We love to provide our guests with truly memorable experiences at the W Hoboken and I’m so happy that Lori was able to create such a great experience for you and your family! I’m delighted to hear you were pleasantly surprised with your guest room and enjoyed the fabulous upgrade! We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to W Hoboken! -Pedro D, General Manager
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a great hotel if what you are looking for is modern and edgy and surrounded by energy. The hotel itself if nice enough - in good condition, clean and well appointed. But it would not be my first choice or even in my top 10. The hotel is not warm and inviting at all. The lobby is dark and you have to strain to hear the check in staff over the loud music playing in the lobby. Rooms have a metallic, industrial feel and are not comfy or cozy as I would like in a hotel and place to relax and recharge. Bathrooms are not as functional, lacking any counter space and good light to put on makeup. And perhaps the worst part for me was the scent they pump into the rooms that is overwhelming, perfume-y and irritating if you are sensitive to that sort of thing. On the positive side, views are amazing. Service is great for extras. There is no coffeemaker in the room but they will gladly bring one up to you for free, same for a microwave or refrigerator. Everything was very clean and in working order. Except for the ac in the gym, but being in the middle of the winter that is solved by opening the windows. :)

Room Tip: Facing the city is an amazing view! The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor. While I understand our vibe may not be to your liking, I sincerely appreciate your candid comments. Guest satisfaction is very important to us so thank you for sharing both your positive feedback as well as areas for your improvement. This is greatly appreciated as we are always looking to improve upon our guests’ experiences. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed the views from your guest room but I must apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the W scent. Should you decide to stay with us in the future, feel free to contact us in advance and we will make sure to prepare your guest room to your preference. Again, many thanks for sharing and for choosing to experience W Hoboken! -Pedro D, General Manager
Lincoln, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Lovely modern decor, with friendly and helpful staff. Every room has a fabulous view of NYC. It is a real treat to stay here, and worth very penny. Breakfast for two was included with an AARP card. And the breakfast was delicious, cooked just perfectly, but a little bit of a wait. Nice bartenders, very accommodating. Is was my second time staying at the W and i will be sure to stay here again on my next trip to Hoboken.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of W Hoboken! I am so pleased that you had such a lovely experience for your repeat visit. I will certainly ensure to share your praises with my team. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! -Pedro D, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoboken
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
#5 of 14 in Jersey City
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
#4 of 14 in Jersey City

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!