“Great property, friendly staff, wonderful convenient location”
Review of W Hoboken

W Hoboken
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Great property, friendly staff, wonderful convenient location”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed here just one night and didn't want to leave. The views of Manhattan are spectacular but the area around the hotel is particularly charming. It is a 'hike" to JFK International Airport (took almost an 1 1/2 hrs. so I would suggest Newark to arrive . Great shoppes, restaurants, cafes in nearby Washington Ave. Hotel staff from check-in gentleman to female concierge were great. The complimentary offering of coffee or tea set out in the lounge area is a wonderful warm welcome and nice gesture. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: A room overlooking Manhattan of course would be perfect.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’m glad you enjoyed all that Hoboken has to offer and that our views and Talent were able to WOW you! We can’t wait to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you to the area. -Pedro D, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
Kew Gardens, New York
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I live in Queens. We wanted a quick one night getaway, without the children. We chose the W Hoboken mostly because I could use my Starwood Points. We chose a Wonderful Room and it was wonderful. From our bed we had a spectacular view of Midtown across the river. The room was small but nice. We were back in the city within 20 minutes, and that includes the lovely riverfront walk. There are also many bars and restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. I think pretty much anything above the lowest class of room will get you tha...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience! We are so glad to hear you chose to stay with us for your overnight getaway! I am thrilled you were able to enjoy the views from your guestroom, and enjoyed a nice walk along the waterfront. We hope to welcome you and your wife back soon for some more quick getaways! -Pedro D, General Manager
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I travel to NY frequently and this is my favorite place to stay. It's a few blocks from the PATH station, which gets you to 33rd / 6th in Manhattan in 14 minutes ...faster if you want to go to the WTC or closer to lower Manhattan.

Some of the things I like about this that make it worth the short train ride...
1) The view. The hotel has an unobstructed view of Manhattan. Beautiful views at night.
2) The running path along the river. As an avid runner, I enjoy being able to get out and jog (or even walk) along a scenic path. Starting from the hotel, it's easy to go out along the water down to Jersey City without a lot of traffic, and it feels very safe.
3) Less congestion, noise. At night, there is no noise from police and fire engines, and when you go out to stroll through Hoboken, you aren't battling all the tourists. NOTE: On Fri/Sat nights, the bar at the W gets VERY loud. If you are on a lower floor, you won't get the advantage of a good night's sleep. That's my one complaint. If I'm there on a weekend, I always ask for a high floor. Otherwise, it's not very enjoyable (unless of course you want to be at the bar until 3AM, in which case it's not a problem)
4) You pay less taxes / fees than NY.
5) Rooms are cleaner and more spacious than a typical NY hotel.
6) Family friendly. I've stayed there not only for business but also have taken my kids on vacation. The staff has been very friendly, and there are parks across the street for the kids to play in with play structures.

The only time I don't stay here when visiting NY is if I know I'm going to be out very late in the city. Not a fan of being on any subway after midnight.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott G
Thanks for sharing on Trip Advisor! Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed W Hoboken as well as the scenic jogging trail by the waterfront. I’m also happy to hear you took advantage of the PATH station and the easy access it provides to New York City. W Hoboken is a wonderful destination after a whirlwind day of sightseeing in Manhattan! We hope to see you again for another wonderful experience! -Pedro D, General Manager
Manassas, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the W in Hoboken in October. Wonderful location - located on the Hudson River with spectacular views of midtown Manhattan, and within walking distance to the Path train, and the many shops, restaurants and parks in Hoboken. The staff is outstanding, providing the highest level of service I have encountered in a hotel. They were extraordinarily helpful and really went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The in-house restaurant offers excellent dining options, and the onsite bar is great for relaxing. My husband and I are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hello Valued Guest,

Thanks for sharing on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear you and your husband enjoyed your visit to W Hoboken! Our aim is to always provide a true WOW experience for all of our guests and I’m glad we were able to achieve this with you. Your feedback gives us a great chance to celebrate with our Talent team members! When your travels bring you back to the area we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to W Hoboken! -Pedro D, General Manager
Santa Fe, N.M.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had a great stay for two nights at the W Hoboken. The views of Manhattan and the Hudson from the hotel and the near-by park are spectacular. I went running along the Hudson river path and through the near-by Frank Sinatra park, and it was great. The hotel's exercise facility is spectacular: there are free weights and several benches; a punching bag and several pairs of gloves; a separate area for yoga and Pilates, with no machines to get in the way; numerous ellipticals and treadmills, and a few bikes. The view of the Hudson from the exercise facility is also very impressive. My room had a view of Hoboken, which was not so bad. Washington Street in Hoboken is two blocks away, with numerous restaurants, green grocers, etc. The hotel's restaurant and bar area are great; the food was excellent. Overall, I would recommend this hotel very, very highly.

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear you discovered a hidden gem on the Hoboken waterfront. Few guests ever make the trek or discover the views of Manhattan on that side of Hoboken and I’m so glad you did! I am also glad you were able to enjoy FIT during your stay. Thanks again for sharing your wonderful review which I have taken the joy of sharing with my team. We look forward to your next stay at W Hoboken! -Pedro D, General Manager
Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a European-style hotel located across the Hudson River from midtown Manhattan. It has only 225 rooms plus some residences and emphasizes a high level of guest service. On clear days and nights you have a superb view of the City. It is close enough to the Holland Tunnel, the bus terminal, and water taxis that you can stay there and do business and attend events in the City if you want.

I stayed there for a northern New Jersey business trip during beautiful October weather, and I realized later that my spouse would have enjoyed joining me for the stay and doing her own thing. The hotel has a wonderful urban location in Hoboken beside a river park and overlooking the Hudson. If one heads the other direction, it is only two to three blocks to Washington Street, the main street in downtown Hoboken with numerous boutiques, shops, restaurants, and nightclubs in a gentrified environment. There are wonderful places to walk or run nearby.

The rooms were large and well-furnished. They had a European style that I could have done without but that will appeal to some. I did not use the business or athletic facilities.

I did use the restaurant and bar, and both were exceptional for hotel properties. Both were busy on two different weekday nights, with a lot of patrons and energy. The restaurant could stand on its own, which is not something you can say about a lot of hotel restaurants. I had a couple of good meals there. Although not cheap, they were not overpriced for the quality of the food and service.

The hotel staff was extraordinarily helpful, offering an excellent recommendation for lunch at a nearby ethinic cafe and assisting with lining up travel by car service for business meetings. The latter is essential to getting around if you are not driving or renting a car. If you are, I guess there is parking on the premises, although I am certain it is not cheap.

This is not an inexpensive place to stay, but it is in line with top urban business hotels in this part of the country. This same hotel quality would cost even more across the river in the City, however. In speaking with the staff, it seems they do a big weekend weddings and event business, so if you wanted to stay there for a weekend getaway you might have to hunt for a deal. If you can find one, that would be worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the Hudson River.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your outstanding stay with us on W Hoboken! I’m always so excited when our guests take advantage of all that W Hoboken and the city of Hoboken have to offer. I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received. I will make sure to share your wonderful experience with our talent team as this is definitely the type of rewarding feedback we strive for. On behalf of myself and the entire W Hoboken team, we look forward to many more stays with you! -Pedro D, General Manager
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had a pleasant stay in early October. I think that physically it is one of the better W hotels out there. Quality of rooms is top notch unlike some other W's in NYC where furniture feels modern but very cheap. From most rooms, the hotel seems to have a great view of NYC. Also, it has a well equipped gym which is very important for me. Service is still W. Although many treat you pretty well, there are some employees with attitudes (the male bartender and whenever/wherever associate had a pretty bad attitude to be exact). It is also very close to NJ Path. So if you are looking for bang for your buck, this hotel might be it. But if I am staying there with my own money (I was there for business), I would probably stay in NYC. Still a good quality W.

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your recent W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! While I'm delighted to hear you had an overall wonderful experience, my apologies for the treatment received from the bartender who served you and our Whatever/Whenever agent. This is unlike W Hoboken talent and I must apologize for the impression this may have created for you. I will certainly bring your concerns to my team so we may address these issues. We certainly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon, and be able to provide a true W experience. -Pedro D, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoboken
The Westin Jersey City Newport
#7 of 14 in Jersey City
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
#4 of 14 in Jersey City

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!