“Wonderful hotel, great stay, beautiful views.”
Review of W Hoboken

W Hoboken
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The W is great. As expected everything was wonderful. Great service. Great view of NYC skyline and right on the Hudson River.
Went for wife's birthday and she was very happy. The surrounding area is very nice for exploring. As well, very easy into NYC.
I prefer staying here as opposed to the city, a lot cleaner nicer and safer.
If this is an option you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: April 2013
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your W Hoboken experience! I’m delighted to hear you and your wife had such a wonderful stay. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I’m so glad you were impressed with the hotel and our amazing hotel staff! Your comments gives us a wonderful chance to celebrate! We look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken! -Pedro D, General Manager

Reviewed April 18, 2013

As always, a great experience at the W. Stayed for business travel, had all the amenities I needed in the hotel or close-by, and had a comfortable home-base for my trip. Close to the city and incredibly easy to hop across the river to get into Manhattan.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GMPedroDias, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for posting your recent W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor! We offer such amazing views of Manhattan from our guest rooms and it’s always lovely to hear such praise on Trip Advisor! Hope to welcome you back again soon.

-pedro.dias. General Manager

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've wanted to stay at this particular W for a long time, as the location and quality of the rooms would be hard to beat for the New York area. As an SPG Platinum, I was even hoping to arrange an upgrade to a suite, but I wasn't able to check in until midnight and understandably wasn't offered one as a result. I was upgraded, however, and the room was certainly impressive, with the usual oversized W bathroom and an excellent view of lower Manhattan. The W bed was comfortable as always, and the room layout and technology were both well-designed.

One thing that stood out to me, though, was when I laid down to go to sleep at 2 AM, only to have the guests in the adjoining room arrive back five minutes later. That they were talking was obviously one thing, but they started blasting bass-heavy music loud enough that it was impossible to sleep. Dreading the next couple of hours, I called downstairs to ask the front desk to see if they could do something. Within five minutes, though, somebody was sent up and the music went off without any debate. The GM even followed up afterwards to ask if my noise complaint had been addressed to my liking. That was a pleasant surprise and will get me to return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor. Guest satisfaction is very important to us as it allows us to alter and improve our services so thank you for sharing your feedback. We look forward to your next visit to W Hoboken.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Always very friendly and accommodating. Checking in is always easy and upgrades are generally offered with no additional charge. Rooms are extremely clean and very quiet. It's convenient to the PATH (3 blocks away) and Washington St. is just as close.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hello Valued Guest,
Thanks for posting on Trip Advisor! Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. We look forward to see you again soon at W Hoboken!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I came here for the night of our wedding, and just revisited to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. The views of midtown manhattan are phenomenal, and a great way to enjoy a relaxing evening with a glass of champagne.

The hotel staff are all incredibly helpful and courteous. The lounges in the hotel (including the Chandelier Room) are very popular on the weekends with an upscale crowd.

The hotel is conveniently located down the block from the bus station and the PATH so you are just a short ride from manhattan, and right in the heart of Hoboken with cafes, bars, and restaurants all within walking distance.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms on the north-east side of the hotel and excellent views of midtown from there...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Valued Guest,
Thank you for posting this great review on Trip Advisor! Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. We're happy to know that we were able to deliver such memorable experience. We look forward to welcome you again soon at W Hoboken!
All the best,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. The lobby gave me an instant feeling of modern and cool - Checkin was swift and professional. My room faced Manhattan across the river, as do virtually all the rooms except possibly two per floor at the rear. Depending on which side you're on you'll either see lower Manhattan with the new World Trade Center, etc., or you'll look North. Each room as a set of floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the river, and it was fun to sit and watch the ferries coming and going and to watch the skyline come alive after dark. The room, while not huge, was well appointed and had everything I needed, but bath was HUGE by NY standards. The bad downstairs was comfortable and the drinks our group had were well made. I'm told the place hops on the weekends, but I didn't experience that. This was my first time in Hoboken and I found the Main Street area fun - lots of restaurants, bars, and small shops, a great street to just walk on. Of course, Manhattan also calls, and it's just a few minutes away on the PATH train which brings you within a 5 minute walk of the W. Nice property that I'll use again.

Room Tip: Just be sure to get one of the many rooms with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Hello Valued Guest,
Thank you for the great posting on Trip Advisor! Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Besides the wonderful views and location we are very proud of our amazing Team who make every effort to deliver a memorable experience. We're glad that we were able to meet your expectations and we truly hope to see you again soon at W Hoboken!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the W Hotel in Hoboken for business and it truly was one of the nicest W Hotels I've ever stayed in. My room had a view of the Hudson River and City skyline. I'd recommend spending the extra money for the view. The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and the hotel restaurant, Zylo, was fabulous. Overall this hotel is in a great location, provides excellent service, and has all of the amenities you expect from a W Hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room with a skyline view on the 10th floor or higher!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Hello Valued Guest,
Thank you for your kind posting on Trip Advisor! Your review is greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. The W Hoboken does offer amazing views of Manhattan's skyline. We hope to see you again soon at W Hoboken!
-PedroD

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoboken
Hyatt Regency Jersey City
#6 of 14 in Jersey City
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
#4 of 14 in Jersey City

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!