“Never made it to my room”
Review of W Hoboken

W Hoboken
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife called this hotel direct and made a reservation on 3/9/13 for 3/16/13. We arrived bags in tow and was told that our reservation was cancelled on 3/11/13. We told them it wasn't cancelled by us since we were standing in front of them with our bags trying to check in. A manager was brought out to tells us they can't do anything because it was cancelled and they didn't have a room and did not know who cancelled the reservation. So the only thing they did for us was get us a room in lesser hotel and handed my wife and I free bottle of water. Gee thanks!
What did we learn? Stay away from W if this is the customer service we receive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dlove72
Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our room and the bathroom were extremely small and didn't match up to others we have stayed at in the area. No coffee in the room, you had to get it downstairs in the early morning. We expected more from a hotel that charges those prices.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ginnyc48
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very clean and modern hotel. We arrived around 5:30 on a Friday and received a nice upgrade from a cozy room to a wonderful room with a great view of midtown. The gym is very nice. We would stay here again since it is so convenient to Hoboken as well as NY. Great bath products. My only complaint is that it is too modern for me. Very dark and sleek. My husband loved it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The W Hotel is truly an extraordinary gem in the area. The staff is very polite and accommodating. The facilities are clean and tastefully decorated. The valet parking team brings the car down promptly and makes certain that I have fresh waters bottles in the car. The doormen are cheerful and quick to provide local recommendations. Zylo has great food, pleasant ambiance and friendly servers who took the time to learn my name. Even a small hiccup with the laundry was managed quite well and the W staff made everything right. The front desk team was very accommodating with an upgrade thanks to my SPG Platinum status.

I'll continue to go out of my way to make this my go-to business hotel for Newark and NYC meetings. The PATH station is a hop, skip and jump away.

It's well worth it and you'll love the attentive service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Hudson Restaurant week advertised online that ZYLO in the W was offering a Pre Fix Dinner Menu for $35 per person on 2/2. I made a reservation and at that time they did not tell me the Pre Fix Dinner Menu was not available. Upon being seated I asked for the Restaurant Week Menus. The Hostess said it was not offered and I explained to her that it was advertised online and that is why a group of 7 of us came to your restaurant. She said she would talk to the manager but a manager never came over to discuss it. Again I asked our waiter. He told us the same story. I was ready to walk out your restaurant as this was false advertising. Since I have ate at your restaurant before I decided to stay. Our dinner and service was disappointing. Our Server was rude and we couldn’t understand him. Two of us who had questions about the menu were interrupted as we were asking questions. This was very rude. He was un-attentive and our food took an hour and half after we ordered for it to come out. Once our food came out the portions were small and not impressive.

After Dinner, four Women under the age of 30 from the group walked over to the entrance for The Chandelier Room. The Doorman told us we needed to walk outside in order to get in. It was snowing outside and I thought this was unconscionable for him to tell us we couldn’t enter from inside. After we walked around the hotel in snow we then waited 10 minutes for one of the Hostesses at The Chandelier Room to great us. We went into the elevator and then they made us get out and wait again. 1 Hostess was placing a bottle order and the other hostess was doing nothing. Then the same doorman who told us we needed to walk around the hotel and enter from the outside let in several people from the indoor entrance we asked to enter through. After we had walked around the hotel in the snow, waited 10 minutes, got into an elevator and then out, the hostess told us that we 4 young ladies needed to buy a bottle in order to enter The Chandelier room. To require 4 women to buy a bottle after just spending $250 dollars on dinner including a bottle of wine is ridiculous. We walked away highly dissatisfied with our night at the W.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sonic7711
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed at the W for a quick 1 night getaway and was very satisfied - got a free upgrade to a nice & large suite and had beautiful views of the entire NYC skyline which we really enjoyed

Hotel was very nice, service was very good and was very happy with the service

Room Tip: Get a room with a view to the NYC skyline - it's very nice
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the W Hotel in Hoboken from January 31- February 2nd. The hotel is lovely - great lobby, wonderful bath products, amazing views, good restaurant, etc. However, the doormen were scarce, as was the concierge. We ordered a car to go out one evening and it was not waiting for us as scheduled. The door was rarely opened for us. And then there was the noise. The gentleman next door to us was yelling and screaming at someone on the phone at 4am. We called security once and the noise did not stop. It was so loud that you could not only hear it in our room, you could hear it all the way down the hall. We called security a second time and finally the yelling ceased, after an hour. What an awful night's sleep for us. I am not sure if I would stay here again. The W Hoboken presents itself as a place with exceptional service and I do not feel we received that during our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank krisw1975
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor. My sincerest apologies for the noise disturbances you experienced. We take our guest feedback seriously and I know that’s not what you expect when you stay with us for rest and relaxation. I must also apologize our Security team did not respond in a timely manner. This is certainly not typical of our hotel and I will be addressing this with my team immediately. At W, we do strive to uphold the highest levels of service and we look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. – Anna M., General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoboken
Hyatt Regency Jersey City
Courtyard Jersey City Newport
#5 of 14 in Jersey City
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Residence Inn by Marriott Jersey City

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!