“Wins on Service”

W Hoboken
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hoboken
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have a biased towards W properties. If you read my reviews you will see that some of my favorite properties are W's. The W Hoboken has been on my list to check out ever since it opened a few years back. So, no surprise here, I am giving this property a good score- but this time because of the service more than anything else.

The service was fantastic. Front desk staff was very attentive. We were later greeted by the manager who was great. He was very personable.

We were upgraded to the WOW suite (due to my husband's status) and while this may sound cliché, it was "WOW". Floor to ceiling windows with a view of the entire NYC skyline. So spectacular. It was also huge! 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room and an awesome balcony. This room is a great option if you are looking for something special.

2 things I am going to complain about:
1.) The noise. We were on the top floor of the hotel (17th floor) and you could still hear the music from the lobby/bar- though it was faint, it still kept you up.

2.) The beds. My husband and I both agreed that the bed wasn't as comfortable as they typically are at W properties. I'm convinced they aren't the standard W beds.

Overall though, this is a great option if you need a place to stay around Hoboken. Also a good place if you need an overnighter and want to be close to Newark airport (about 15/20 min cab ride).

Really this property wins on service for me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for sharing your W Hoboken experience on Trip Advisor. My sincerest apologies for the noise disturbances you experienced as I know that’s not what you expect when you stay with us for rest and relaxation. I must also apologize if you felt the beds were not comfortable. I will certainly share this with member so my team so we may look into this further. However, I’m happy to hear you enjoyed the upgrade to one of our WOW suites as the views from the 16th floor are amazing. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon. – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had a great experience at the W... our room was clean, chic and had an amazing view of the NYC skyline. It was also less than a 5 minute walk to the PATH, which is a convenient way to get into the city and enjoy NYC without the overpriced hotel options.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of NYC.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Thanks for posting on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear you had a great experience at W Hoboken as well enjoyed some sightseeing in New York City. W Hoboken is conveniently located close to the PATH and I’m so glad you took advantage. We look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Ok...so this hotel is my favourite to stay at on the Hudson in Jersey. Beautiful views of the NYC skyline. Lovely lobby that has a mural made of coins, really Cool. Reception was very kind and helpful, check-in was a breeze. They have a free car to drive around Hoboken. The PATH train that gets you into NYC is about a 10mins walk. The restaurant food was very delicious. The room was wonderful. Very comfy beds. Wifi is free in the lobby. which has a nice sit down place and bar. Would I stay here again??? Absolutely YES :))

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank opasna24
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor! I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the wonderful New York City skyline! Your feedback gives us a wonderful chance to celebrate with our Talent team members! We look forward to your next stay with us at W Hoboken! – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Overlooking the Hudson, with iconic views of manhattan across the river. amazing location, swish as you'd expect the w to be. Great cocktails, cool urban vibe yet in a less built up area of NY. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BB72
GMAnna, General Manager at W Hoboken, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thanks for posting on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed the views of Manhattan from W Hoboken! We look forward to welcoming you back soon! – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel and staff are top-notch. I have stayed here by myself, usually in smaller rooms, and in suites when here with my family. It's always comfortable, quiet and clean in the rooms; the Living Room (lobby) lounge is really relaxing.

Room Tip: Ask if a mid-town view is available.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for sharing on Trip Advisor! Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I’m happy to hear we can WOW you on business and personal travel! Your feedback gives us a wonderful chance to celebrate with our Talent team members! We’ll see you soon! – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The room comfort & location on the Hoboken W was even better than expected. Drinks were expensive. Lighting: I know the low lighting is part of the trendy feel, but honestly--you need a flash light to walk through the lobby & I'm not sure how the desk staff can manage their work. Great stay though.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent W Hoboken experience. I will certainly share this with my team. However, I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your guest room as well as the City of Hoboken! When your travels bring you back to the area, we look forward to welcoming you back to W Hoboken. – Anna M., General Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is my third stay at this property and all three experiences have been consistent. Well appointed rooms with fabulous views. Hotel staff is friendly and professional. Food/drinks are pricey. I am particular with my hotels and I recommend this one without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor! I’m delighted to hear we consistently WOW you stay after stay! Your comments certainly gives us a reason to celebrate. We look forward to your fourth stay with us! – Anna M., General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoboken
Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel
Hyatt Regency Jersey City
Hyatt Regency Jersey City
#1 of 14 in Jersey City
The Westin Jersey City Newport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
Dharma Home Suites Hoboken at Novia
Residence Inn by Marriott Jersey City

Been to W Hoboken? Share your experiences!