“Locale”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Allendale, New Jersey
“Locale”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Petite, sweet and oh so close to home. A great little find right here in HoHoKus

Visited July 2012

NY
“Overpriced for what it is”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Tiny place, with uncomfortable booth seating--tables are cramped and be prepared to hear your neighbors conversations. Food is fresh and nicely prepared, but too pricey for what it is.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank foodie50Ny
New Bern, North Carolina
“Couldn't have been better”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I dined here with my daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren on a Saturday evening. We were headed to the HoHoKus Inn but didn't want to wait for a table. Here we got a table outside and enjoyed the fresh air and ambience.
I am surprised to read the bad reviews since I enjoyed this place.
Our waiter was attentive. The food was delicious. The owner stopped by and gave the grandkids some bread sticks. No problems.
Back to the food. All good. We had clams oreganato (sorry about the spelling) and gazpacho for appetizers. Entrees included spaghetti bolognese, short ribs, veal osso buco and hamburgers for the children. I combined two specials into one and had soft shelled crabs over rissotto. No hassle over combining the two. The rissotto was one of the best I've ever had.
One word of caution...they do not have a liquor license, but you can bring your own wine.
I'd go back in a flash.

• Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Excellent food, charming atmosphere . . .”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I first ate lunch here with a friend a few years ago on a very busy day - a house tour was taking place in the area - and the restaurant was packed but somehow a table for two was found for us and we had a great lunch. The restaurant is small and show its history - I find it charming.

We ate here several times with friends - they had purchase Groupon coupons - they misread them the first time and it was very politely and patiently explained to us that they were for dinner only (which was clearly stated on the Groupons! Our mistake!) - again, a table was found for us and we stayed and had a very enjoyable lunch. We then planned ahead and reserved and had fabulous dinners - crabcakes, short ribs, key lime pie were stand outs. The owner came over and was very friendly - I believe we did eat mid week. We were not rushed, heard no arguments . . . hope to go again and repeat the positive experiences.

• Visited November 2011
Vernon NJ
“What is going on???”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I had lunch here for the first time in March 2012 and the food was amazing but I have to agree the owner was rude! Our waiter could not have been nicer. I wanted to take a good friend there this weekend but decided against it after reading the other reviews.
Sir, you need to change your attitude or maybe you don't care because you already have your regulars. Its a shame. I am curious though.. what IS your problem?
Please change so I can come back and feel welcome. :O)

• Visited March 2012