“Great all-around luncheon experience.”

Ho Ho Kus Inn & Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Ho Ho Kus Inn & Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Ho Ho Kus
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sheridan Avenue
Transit: NJ Transit Train, Ho-Ho-Kus Station
Description: A local landmark and beloved culinary institution, the historic and charming Ho-Ho-Kus Inn & Tavern features five magnificently restored dining rooms, a stylish Library bar, a casual Tavern, outdoor bluestone patio. The restaurant offers an upscale New American menu, with an emphasis on locally sourced, farm fresh produce and sustainable ingredients.
West Caldwell, New Jersey
“Great all-around luncheon experience.”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

A friend and I traveled about 30 miles to eat lunch here after learning about it at a workshop called "Dining with History". The distance was well worth it. From the moment we entered the restaurant to the moment we left we were extremely pleased. The hostess greeted us warmly and showed us several rooms to choose from. We sat in the Library where we were greeted by a friendly, knowledgeable, very attentive waitress by the name of Sharon. She took our order promptly and our meals came right away. I had a turkey sandwich with sprouts, avocado, lettuce and tomato on a delicious multi-grain bread. I also had sweet potato fries that were excellent. I loved my meal as did my friend who ordered the lobster roll sandwich. After lunch we were given a tour of the upstairs rooms which were beautiful. I will definitely be going back!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Lin533

NJ
“Fantastic Sunday Brunch Buffet”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Wonderful spread on Sunday, not cheap but worth it - great pastries eggs benedict desserts lox bagels you name it!

Visited October 2011
2 Thank DSHNJ
greenwich, ct
“Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I was taken to dinner at the Inn for my birthday at the beginning of the month. Our reservation was on a Saturday night and we were seated in an upstairs room right away. The traditional "home-like" decor is warm and inviting, and lends to the cozy atmosphere. Our server was attentive and she seemed very comfortable making suggestions regarding drinks and food. Although they were out of 2 dishes I originally wanted to try (at 6:45 on a Saturday night!), she helped me choose other things and recommended delicious cocktails. I also had the focaccia, which was salty....BUT, there were three other types to choose from and the focaccia had visible sea salt on it. If a bread is presented as a "salt/herb crusted focaccia", don't choose it if you're sensitive to salt. I wish I would have ordered the beet salad, because the mixed green salad was good, but not great. We shared the cauliflower soup, which was delicious and buttery! A good dish to share. The roasted chicken was good, but the sides that accompanied it excited me more. My boyfriend had a steak and it was cooked exactly as he ordered it. We passed on dessert because we were just too full from dinner. At times the service was a tiny bit slow, but it was always pleasant, helpful, accommodating, and communicative. I'd take slow and attentive over disengaged and swift any day. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank kathryn a
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“It's overrated.”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Although the food has been good since it reopened the service has deterioted to the point that we walked out the last time we went for dinner. Sitting at an empty table for 15 minutes without even a glass of water or seeing a server to ask if we wanted a drink was enough to say goodbye. We expressed our dissatisfaction to the hostess/manager and they confirmed we sat at an empty table for 15 minutes and offered a gift certificate but we declined and told the we wouldn't return.

NY
“Nice, private party room”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Attended a private party in one of the upstairs rooms at the Inn. Decor is traditional, English-American with wainscoting and swagged window treatments, fireplaces and hunt-style art. The room, set for a party of approximately 32 people was cozy and private but not tight. Service was attentive and food choices were what you would expect: crusted salmon, hangar steak, Goffle Road chicken. House salad was huge and nicely dressed or soup choice as an alternative. The celebratory cake, supplied by the Inn, was good and nicely served up with a scoop of ice cream. Although I was not overly impressed by a previous lunch experience, this latest experience indicates that the Inn is a good choice for a party, shower or extended family gathering.

• Visited March 2012