“great lunch”

Kevin's Thyme
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

fantastic salads with my favorite being the field greens with grilled salmon on top. just amazing.
Wash lunch down & splurge on a coffee and cupcake . Yum

1  Thank DrMaureenE

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was my first time to Kevin's Thyme and a multiple repeat visit for my friend. For a small quiet restaurant with limited seating, this place is a true find. the duck was done to perfection as was everything else we shared. Derick Couto, our waiter was extremely helpful in selecting our choices for the evening. The food is on par with many NYC restaurants at a significantly lower tab.
A big plus for Kevin's is that you don't to look at their wine list, there is none. this is a BYOB establishment and does not charge the abominable corking fee imposed by so many restaurants. If I had to pick just one area where they are lacking is in the desert menu. We ended up at Ben and Jerry's ... LOL.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

This little restaurant is great - club salad is wonderful - chicken, gorganzola, beets - plus other things I can't remember except how delicious it was! My friend requested a different cheese and was offered several options . . . we had excellent service. Everything arrived promptly - drinks, water, food -

I think I have had lobster on the club salad one other time that was a special - fabulous -

I arrived first and there was no outside seating except one table completely in the sun, so I sat inside - I was offered an outside table when one became free and asked if I could wait until my friend arrived to decide - the staff could not have been nicer. Obviously I am not a regular and I was still treated well -

Reviewed November 16, 2011

Food was very good, but that is where it ends. We were next to a table of 12 that consisted of the loudest group of obnoxious jerks that I've ever encountered. Of course, being a restaurant near Ridgewood usually brings out that kind. We complained to the wait staff, but that was a waste of time. Their attitude was that these were regulars and we were dirt. Finally, the jerks left, but the wait staff continued with no water refills, no second cup of coffee and absolutely no indication that they cared if we ever came back. My biggest regret was that I didn't read the reviews before we made the reservation. I can assure the wait staff that I will recommend this restaurant to anyone that has masochistic tendencies. Truely it was a painful experience.

2  Thank ScipioNJ
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We have eaten twice at this relatively new eclectic tiny restaurant which used to be limited to catering. The meals are presented in an artistic way and the flavors are nicely mixed and matched. There is a good sized outdoor dining area for when the weather is good. The big negative is the ambiance of the place which is too informal for the level of the food. Free parking is on the street. We will likely return again.

1  Thank LWL3333