“The last place for German Food”
Review of The Landing

The Landing
Ranked #5 of 75 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Set back in the country, The Landing offers diversity in entertainment housing a 125 seat, rustic-style banquet room along with 3 smaller, private rooms. Our outdoor grounds offer a large area for tented parties, festivals or community events. The Dining Room & Pub offer year-round a la carte dining while The Patio, open during the warmer months, allows you to take in beautiful rural New Jersey throughout your dining experience. Whether you are looking for a spot to watch the game, an intimate dinner for two or a family gathering place, our Dining Room, Pub & Patio can suit your needs.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Been going here for several years and many parties celebrated here. Heinz and Michael do a terrific job making sure their guests are well taken care of. The last place in the area for traditional German Food. The Hunter Schnitzel and Sauer Brauten is excellent. Ask for Diane to wait on you, she the best. Not too mention the fresh hot rolls!

1  Thank GlenS864
There are newer reviews for The Landing

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Every time my husband and I go to Pheasant's Landing, the choices are interesting. I love the germanic food style of some of the choices and this time, they had plenty of game choices - I had a stew and the game meat was tender with a delicious sauce. Their spaetzle is fantastic.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

On a cold, snowy Friday night in late January, my wife and I took my 92 year old mother here for dinner. Overall we were quite pleased. We got there early and so that restaurant was not at all busy. The decor was quite pleasant and inviting. The menu, while not overly extensive had a number of appealing dishes on it (although none of us were in the mood to try any of the wild game specials which may have been quite good). Instead, my mother had the Panko crusted Salmon which was quite attractively presented and which she said was quite good. In fact she ate quite a bit of it, which is unusual for her. My wife had the vegetarian Pesto pasta dish which she said was quite tasty. I had the Zurich style veal served with Rosti potatoes (much like a potato pancake). Rosti is a potato dish which I'd only previously seen and had in Switzerland. The Rosti served at Pheasant's Landing was more like a potato pancake (Latka) than the Rosti I'd had in Switzerland but was still very very good. The veal cooked in a white wine and shallot cream sauce was also quite tasty. When we go back (and I'm fairly sure we will try it again) the only thing we won't do is to order a Margarita as a cocktail...made with an unappealing sweet and sour mix rather than with pure lime juice. Nonetheless, the meal, the decor and the service were all quite good. And while not cheap, the price with drinks was reasonable.

1  Thank Barry S
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Nice atmosphere. Had German meal. Heinz walked the room. Nice touch. Did not go into the Pub. Young staff. Need additional training on serving, but no real problem. Cross over meal serving and had to ask for water a couple of times. Could have been a little more attentive. No time limit. Arrived at 5 PM left at 730. Good times.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Go to the restaurant. Its atmosphere is cozy and pleasantly lit. I know nothing about the bar/pub experience.
Dinner portions are generous; I might prefer the lunch portions, which suit me fine. But if you are not a large portion eater, then you can take dinner home too. My favorite? The sauerbraten with the red cabbage and spaetzle. I've been several times with my friend, my father, and my husband. My husband has had the trout and veal dishes, which were phenomenal as well. The escargot is lovely (recently served en croute) as is the crabcake appetizer. Service is pleasant.
Also, the Oktoberfest is a fun outdoor (weather-permitting) family or group event. Go!

1  Thank Pongitte10