“Great Service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food was excellant. After our meal my daughter and I sat for hours talking and no-one bothered us. Except to ask if wee needed water or anything else. No one staring at us or looking anoyed wondering when we were going to leave.
I enjoyed being there.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Good dessert, awesome quiche, and the best nachos ever. We really like it here. Clean, good service and always busy.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped here for lunch. The interior is pleasing, the menu large.... It would be akin to a large pub style resturant. Although we only ordered sandwiches I was very pleased to see that many items; including salads, sandwiches, and entrees were offered in a full portion but also, for a lower price, at a half portion option. I wish more places offered this option. It was perfect. My husband ordered the full sandwich and I was thrilled to have the half portion. Our sandwiches were good, but the "chips" that were served with it appeared to be "homemade" and not your typical chip out of a bag, but they were on the greasy side. The service was fine, although it was far from crowded. We did not order dessert, but I must say their dessert offerings looked fabulous.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Well, a few things need to be changed before I would return. Seating. I made reservations a week in advance. The table they placed the four of us was right near at the door. Every time someone left or arrived the cold breeze gave us a chill. You would think that if tables were at a premium at the hour we arrived, they would have placed non reservationist at that part of the room. The service was poor. They have kids (looks like high school) running around without any direction. Food was not brought at the same time, had to ask for refills Dirty plates left on table after we had finished. Upscale prices and ambiance however, it's more like a Friday's. There are a lot more restaurants in the area that I will patronize.

1  Thank worldtravelier
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The grand lobby contains arching ceiling, tile floors, columns, and an expansive dessert counter akin to Cheesecake Factory. The bar to the left and dining rooms to the right bring the ceilings back down to normal height to create a more intimate ambience.

The decor of the restaurant is sparse, with dark tones, lit paintings on the walls, and wine rack columns that combine to remind me of a steak house fit for noshing after a board meeting.

The menu is expansive, particularly the desserts and includes everything from classic bar food to salads, sandwiches, entrees, and my personal favorite - portioned entrees - smaller size entrees at smaller prices (don't think tapas though) for those of us who don't need a meal fit for 4 on a single plate.

We ordered a blue cheese burger and nachos with chicken.

I've been searching for a good burger and couldn't find one around Hillsborough yet ( I even tried twice at Joey's).The burger came out just how I wanted it (medium rare), with an excellent bun. Plenty of blue cheese and well cooked fries - crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.

The nacho plate was large and layered. The chicken on top was excellent and abundant.

Service was overall unremarkable - just how it should be. We got all the service we needed, nothing more, nothing less.

Gave it four stars instead of 5 purely because while it was an excellent meal, I have to leave some room for the truly amazing restaurants. In addition, I enjoy a slightly livelier ambiance, but then again I can't fault them for that since if I want it livelier I should choose a livelier place.

I have officially put this place on my "will return" list.