“Great Chips”

Add it.
Joey G's Grill and Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Seafood, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great Chips”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We found Joey G's after a recent shopping trip and decided to try something other than the Applebee's next door. The restaurant is clean with a refreshing decor. The menu consists of mostly bar food. After ordering, we were served complimentary fresh house-made chips with dipping sauce that were excellent. We ordered appetizers and sandwiches. The food was good (thai wings were very good). The hostess and waitress were pleasant and friendly. We will definitely return.

• Visited November 2012

Wilmington, Delaware
“Famous Dave's was Better”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Not a great replacement for the Famous Dave's that once stood here, Joey G's offers so-so food and decent service. Our family visited and was surprised to find a menu that didn't seem to offer much and decor that was not inspired. Since it sits close to Applebee's which is a perennial favorite with the teenage crowd, Joey G's needs to offer something to draw the crowds from the reasonable prices and decent food next door. They don't. I am surprised they are still open, since after our first visit, we never went back. I guess other people find it more appealing. Not worth a stop. But not a bad place. Just so much better in the area.

Visited April 2012
JoeyGsgrillbar, General Manager at Joey G's Grill and Bar, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Courtney,
Thank you for your feedback of your visit that you had back in April of 2012. If I may introduce myself, my name is Chris Bickel and I had taken over as the General Manager in the middle of September 2012. Since taking over the menu has been revamped as has the serving techniques and skillsets of my entire team. I would like it if you came in and gave us another opportunity to show you what Joey G's is truely about. We like to call it "Dining Done Right". Please ask for me when you come in or if you would rather ask for me afterwards and let me know of your experience, it would be appreciated. All I can ask is that you give us another chance to win you over and give you numerous reasons to become a regular with us.

Chris Bickel
General Manager - Joey G's Grill & Bar
cbickel@joeygsgrillbar.com
“Smokey Joey Two”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I went back to Joey G's during Hurricane Sandy. They are under new management and have improved significantly. The place was jam packed because almost everyone in the area had lost power because of the storm and Joey G still had power. I was pleasantly surprised that even with the huge crowd, the hostess' were pleasant and got our group of 6 people seated fairly quickly. This time I tried their new Cajun Smoked Pork Chops and I recommend them. They have a good balance of flavor, sauce, and quality. The sides and appetizers were also improved since the last time I ate there. Their wine special was great choice and not overpriced either. We found an online coupon, which that helped as well. I applaud Joey G's new management - they really shined under a tremendous load of patrons in a challenging time - thanks for staying open during the storm.

• Visited October 2012
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“So much improvement! New management!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My first review of this place this past Spring was good but in subsequent visits, I began to notice the food and service taking a serious nose-dive. We took a break from going here and just went back this past week simply because we had a Groupon that was about to expire.
We were told by our server that there was new management that had revamped the menu a little bit and improved the food quality. We ordered the calamari and spinach/artichoke dip for appetizers (both delicious) and the prime rib and rib-eye steaks for dinner and both were cooked as requested and very tasty.
I hope they keep this up because there are so few restaurants in the Hillsborough area and it was such a disappointment to see this place going downhill so quickly.
If you've eaten here before and were disappointed, give it another shot. There was definite improvement with the new management.

• Visited November 2012
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Pretty Nice Spread!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I ate here on a groupon and we got our money's worth!

They give large portions and the food is actually pretty good. I'd definitly do the groupon deal if it pop's up again and will eat here again either way.

A little more expensive than the applebee's next store but its much better quaility food and prices are still decent.

If you want a solid good ole' fashion American meal go here.

Service was really good also!

• Visited February 2012