“Pretty Nice Spread!”

Joey G's Grill and Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I ate here on a groupon and we got our money's worth!

They give large portions and the food is actually pretty good. I'd definitly do the groupon deal if it pop's up again and will eat here again either way.

A little more expensive than the applebee's next store but its much better quaility food and prices are still decent.

If you want a solid good ole' fashion American meal go here.

Service was really good also!

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I had heard from some people that the service and food was just so so. Thus we had some lower expectations going into the dinner. We scored a groupon deal for $35 which included an appetizer, two entrees and two beers - a total value of about $70. We got the sampler appetizer with onion rings, potato skins, wings, and mozzarella sticks. They were your typical apps - nothing super special. We were also served some fresh potato chips, which were quite good albeit a little greasy. We got the hangar steak with mashed potatoes and veggies. The potatoes were a little salty but the steak was pretty good. We also ordered the filet mignon which was perfectly cooked - a little salty and missing the portobello mushroom but nice and tender otherwise. Our kids ordered the sliders - a little too charbroiled on the outside buy tasty. The burger was also pretty good. Our service was excellent. We had two servers (maybe one was in training??) but both were attentive, timely, and friendly. We will definitely consider coming back.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Smoked ribs and brisket were pretty good, but smothered in too much, too sweet BBQ sauce. They just pour it on and don't ask whether or not you want it on. Fries and appetizers were a bit greasy. Some others in my group were not as fond of the food as I was. The restaurant is nicely decorated. Service OK, not great. Found a coupon online which made the price worthwhile. Otherwise I didn't think the total value was there.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had been going to Joey G's since April 2012 the food had been excellent. Anything Cowboy Jeff grilled, smoked or prepared was out of this world. Recently we noticed that the food was starting to go down hill, everytime you ordered something off their menu that was prepared in their back kitchen it was hit or miss, sometimes we sent it back. But the final straw was when I recently ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and the thing was like rubber, looked and tasted like it was microwaved. I asked why it was not cooked on the grill in the bar area and the server just srugged their shoulders. I think that management should pay a little more attention to the customer's complaints then hanging at the bar with their friends. To bad this place had the makings of a great place to go and relax with friends.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Nice bar area but its pretty loud and the food is just average. Not too much else to say. I ate here once, never went back to eat but did visit the bar 2 other times to meet up with friends. With Rafferty's across the street, that's the better option for dinner.