“Good for your money”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hillsborough
Pittsburgh, PA
“Good for your money”
Reviewed April 1, 2009

I was on a three-day business trip and was not sure whether to stay at this hotel after reading some reviews, but took a chance it paid off. This hotel is gives you nice and clean room for your money. The room had complimentary bottled water. The bathtub had jets, so I relaxed in it after my long trip. The desk chair in the room was comfortable. The food at the restaurant was good, the hamburger with steak fries was quite filling. The gym had one weight and three aerobic machines, aerobic machines were brand new, it would have been better if hotel placed weight machines instead. The hotel staff was very friendly. I was on a conference call in morning so I requested to have late room service and was provided to me. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
NY
Reviewed November 17, 2008

This hotel is riddled with problems. Manager/owners don't care about anything other than taking your money. I stayed here for an extended stay for 2 weeks and, was treated like dirt. The help doesn't speak English (and owner/manager treats them like dirt - can't imagine why they put up with it other than they might be illegals); dirty rooms, found a toe nail in one of the "clean" towels - talk about gross; noisy, rude customers; room smelled like dog urine.

Demanded satisfaction from owner/manager (an oblivious foreigner) and got a huge run around. I am so mad I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. STAY AWAY. Go to the Days Inn on route 22 in Bridgewater, only about 4 miles away!

• Liked — Other than the location, nothing
  • Disliked — Elevator didn't work, dirty rooms, non English speaking help, terrible owner/manager
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank NotHappyinNY

Travelers are raving about these Hillsborough hotels

Kew Gardens
Reviewed November 7, 2008

This is a very nice hotel in the countryside facing the doris duke estate. It is very conveniently located on route 206 and the service is great. The pool is nice and the facility is kept clean. There is a complementary breakfast in the morning and the staff has always remained helpful and friendly. There are only some minor problems: The gym is ok but some of the equipment has remained unrepaired for months. The internet lounge only has 2 out of 5 PC's operational and this status has remained unchanged for the past month.

I always look forward to return to this nice hotel

• Liked — quiet convenient location
  • Disliked — broken gym equipment and broken internet computer equipment
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed November 6, 2008

We spent four nights here while visiting family. It wasn't bad, just not quite what we expected after reading the info on their website. There was no fruit with the breakfast, although it was right on the sign in the breakfast room. A staff member opened a cupboard and got a donut from a box, but did not replace any for the guests when they ran out. The amenities listed on their website were not there... only the usual soap and a tiny bottle of shampoo. That is all petty stuff, I know.
The disgusting part was when we came back late one night and there was a filthy dirty rag in the bathroom sink. Is that what they use to clean the place with??? Luckily there was a sink outside the bathroom we could use because neither of us was going to touch that rag. The coffee pot had also not been cleaned, but that's minor. The staff were the most unfriendly people, all of them except the young man from India who checked us in. They showed very little interest in the dirty rag.
Their rates on the internet are lower than what we were charged, but would not lower the rate for us. We'll find another place to stay when we return to that area.

• Liked — Close proximity to family
  • Disliked — The unfriendly staff (never saw a smile) and the dirty rag
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank Jean M
Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I stayed at hotel with family. I like very much. WOW!!!! 32" Flat screen TV. My kids like very much to watch. Swimming Pool, Restaurant, Morning Breakfast and also 5 computer with free 24Hrs internet excess for Guest in Business center.
I really enjoy 3 days in the hotel with my family.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Manhattan
Reviewed September 1, 2008

Stayed @ the Days Inn Hillsborough with three friends and a golden retriever overnight. Saw website, read about renovations to hotel and, more importantly, the property is pet friendly. Pet wanted a place to run, people wanted an outdoor pool. This hotel has an outdoor pool, however, it is very small with only 3 lounges around the pool and many broken umbrellas. The rooms were average. The houskeepers and front desk staff were not willing to give extra bath towels ... not pool towels - we had our own beach towels but needed extra bath towels since they are so very small. The houskeeper spoke to the front desk staff-person in Spanish (which unbenownst to them, I understand). When I told them, again, I wanted bath towels, I was handed two very, very small towels from the front desk staff-person. Not very welcoming to guests.

If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel very near this area and you are not travelling with a pet ... go to the Bridgewater Days Inn ... better service, amazing pool and good staff.

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Disliked — Pool Area
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank MagsManhattan
NYC
Reviewed August 31, 2008

We called in advance prior to booking a reservation to make sure that the place would be ok that we would check in 2 hours earlier. I believe that the manager I spoke to was the owner as well (Days Inn are privately franchised). He said it was alright so I went ahead and made the reservation. After paying and receiving the confirmation number, I called back and spoke to the same person. He said he would have to charge me an extra $30 for the early check-in I requested.

Had I known the manager would be ambiguous about my early check-in request, I would have made the reservation elsewhere. It sucks when you get fooled. Even sucks more because my reservation cannot be cancelled, so I was stuck with a hotel run by mean, deceitful owners.

In terms of the facility, they do offer flat screen tv's which i thought was a nice touch. Meanwhile, the pool was upsetting. There was only 4 lounge chairs available. The breakfast area is tiny comparable to other NJ Days Inns.

• Stayed September 2008
2 Thank GreenArcherNYC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsborough
Days Inn Bridgewater Conference Center Somerville Area
#1 of 5 in Branchburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Somerset

Been to Days Inn Hillsborough? Share your experiences!