“Not up to Wydham Hotel Group Standards”

Days Inn Hillsborough
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hillsborough
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The Day's Inn is located in Hillsborough, NJ on RT 206. This is certainly not up the to the Wyndham Hotel Group's standards.

The bed was uncomfortable. The carpet was dirty. The bathroom paint was chipped, grout
in bad shape...this hotel is in need of refurbishing, more importantly, as it is the only
one located on Rt. 206. Orange juice was spilled on the floor in the breakfast room and
WAS not cleaned up for a few hours. I take it was not in the young ladies "job
description"...... she did replenish the breakfast items, but I still had to ask for
an item one morning. I was there for my brother's funeral. Upon checking in, I spoke to
the evening clerk and told him as I did not know my sister-in-law's plans, I might be
checking out on Friday morning. He said he would put a note on my
reservation...apparently he did not as there was no note upon checking out. As it
turned out, she did indeed go to the shore on Friday. I could not get a refund for that
night and will never recommend this hotel to anyone who goes to visit that area. I wish
I had taken pictures. Seedy is a way to describe the hotel and parking lot. This is NOT
what I call customer service. I also secured a room for my Aunt and Uncle for a night
before they drove home.

Room Tip: If the hotel were cleaner and less "seedy" I would recommend any room. Wish I had taken ph...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SeeingAmerica1945

Reviewed February 6, 2012

A dump sums it all up. No service, dirty, smelly. It is conveniently located if you need to be in Hillsborough but there are many nice options available 5 minutes up the road in Bridgewater.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank FrankBocaRaton_FL
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Booked 40 rooms for 2 nights, 11/10 & 11/11, $65 a night. Rooming list and key assignment were not ready when we checked in so it was a little chaotic with 100+ people waiting. Lobby and hallways had strong air freshner smell trying to cover up smoke smell. Room was decent, but dirt visible on floor and hairs in bathroom on floor and tub. Sheets had cigarette burns on them and there was a large brown stain on one side of mattress. I specificially asked for a non-smoking room because of allergies/asthma. Our room may/may not have been smoked in but because other rooms around us were smoking, it was hard for the smell not to get into our room and am feeling sick now. The double rooms we booked for the kids only had 3 bath towels each (for 4 people) so we went back to front desk and they handed us 5-6 and told us to come back at 7:30am for more. Really not prepared for our large group. Breakfast was ok, waffles, bagles, muffins, but ran out quickly. If I hadn't been traveling with a large group, I would have switched hotels, paid a little more for a completely non-smoking hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sandy C
Reviewed August 30, 2011

It was the worst hotel I've ever been in, the men that work there are rude and lazy all they want is your money. We lost power when I was there and half their emergency lights didn't work,including the one in the stair well. It was pitch black. God forbid there was a fire people would of gotten hurt or trampled on. The rooms had either half power or none at all, and the people working there including the manager did nothing to try and fix it! The breakfast was horrible you had to go down by 6:30 am or all the food would be gone. There were stink bugs every where n flies. House keeping never vacuumed the rugs in the room,all they did was take your towels and garbage, you had to ask for anything else you needed, never mind the fact they brought their kids to work with them! The shower in all the rooms we clogged it took forever to go down. There were blood stains on the comforter, and pubic hair on the "freshly cleaned" towel they gave us. Please for your own safety don't go to this hotel it's filthy and unsafe. Go some where else!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are filthy and unsafe
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Dee1315
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Like most people here, I was a little nervous about staying in this hotel. Check in was a breeze. The hotel definitely needs some TLC. But you know what? Our room was quiet. Seemed clean. Bed and pillows were comfy. Couldn't really enjoy the complementary continental breakfast because a bus load of out of country tourists were staying at the hotel and they attacked the food area like a swarm of locust. But all in all, it was ok!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I booked this hotel because my friend and I were going to the Balloon Festival. I needed 2 rooms - I was told that they would be kept together. I even included this in my request when booking online. When we arrived, we found out that the 2 rooms were on different floors -they had "given away all the rooms near each other". I, a single female, was staying in one of the rooms by myself and was not comfortable - never mind upset that my request had not been honored.
I chose the hotel based on the fact that it had an outdoor pool and a restaurant on premises. We were arriving from the balloon festival around 9pm and wanted to eat in the comfort of the hotel and not have to drive anymore. When we got there and inquired about the location of the restaurant, we were told that the restaurant was not open on the weekends .... can you believe that?????? So we had to order in crappy pizza.
BEWARE - you might want to ask if the restaurant is open when you are going - don't assume that just because the web site says they have one, that it's open for business.
Thirdly, when we got to one of the rooms - the "suite" - which means the more expensive one - the water had been turned off in the sink - they had repaired it and it was turned off for 24 hours. The front desk person on duty did, however, come up and turn it on.
We laughed about the whole thing because we had a child with us, but it was an extremely disappointing stay - my friend and I have just started dating and it was to be a special weekend away during which I was meeting his daughter for the first time (hence the two rooms - one for me and one for them).
I have stayed at Days Inns countless times .... this was an extreme let down.
Barbara G
(Ju

Room Tip: Make sure that, even though the hotel says they have a restaurant, that is is actually open!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank BarbaraBG62
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This hotel provides reasonable accomodations at a reasonable price in a reasonable proximity between Princeton and Somerton. It is reasonably clean, reasonably maintained, and reasonably managed. The rooms are spacious, furnished with average furniture, and cleaned daily. The managment strives to be helpful, they provide a reasonable breakfast in the morning, and there is a small, private restuarant-bar attached that can accomodate simple needs such as a sandwich or a drink. There is an expansive parking lot behind the building which is monitored making the place safe. Overall, it is a good place to be while working, staying overnight on business, or if temporarily displaced. It serves it's purpose as a reasonable place to stay.

Room Tip: Do not get a room above the conference room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsborough
Clarion Hotel
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater

Been to Days Inn Hillsborough? Share your experiences!