“Nice Surprise!”
Review of Zio's Trattoria Pizzeria - CLOSED

Zio's Trattoria Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Mariana's Pizzeria& Latin Grill of Hillsborough, NJ offers Italian & Latin food. Our menu includes pizzas, pastas, subs and more . We also offer catering services for all occasions. Our courteous staff is ready to serve you.
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Nice Surprise!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We decided to try Zio's. We normally get pizza delivered from there and were curious to try entrees. When we entered, we thought we would be seated in the front. Little did we know that there were classy tables in the back. It is a nice, warm place to dine. The food was excellent. I wanted to order an eggplant parmigiana with spinach and ricotta entree. At places we frequented, they use frozen eggplant. I asked if it is frozen or fresh, and the waiter said all food is prepared fresh. Boy, was he right! The eggplant was piping hot and fresh. The meal came with hot bread and soup. I sampled my husband's chicken parmigiana, and it was perfectly cooked. Good texture, not greasy. There was plenty to take home for all. So worth the trip!

• Visited April 2013

Manville, New Jersey
“Found by Accident. Glad we did!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We didn't really find this place by accident, but it was one of the only places open during a power outtage, so we gave it a try. The pizza was SO good, and even packed to the gills with people, the service was STILL friendly and attentive. We will be back soon

Visited January 2013
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“A Slice of Heaven in the Boro”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We order or visit Zio's several times a month - by far our favorite pizzeria in Hillsborough. From pizza to entrees to salads - yes, even Zio's salads are excellent. Among our favorites: rigatoni alla grappa, the homemade gnocchi and don't forget to order a side of meatballs! Special requests are welcomed - I always order the "salmon carciofi" without salmon -its delicious! Nestor and his staff treat you like family - he loves to cook and it shows. Zio's is also very supportive of Hillsborough schools. A great neighborhood place!

• Visited February 2013
Belle Mead, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Zio's is our place!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family and I love Zio's. I knew I was onto something when I took my daughter for pizza there on the first or second day it was open. The pizza is simply the best in the area, and the food is wonderful. We are very pleased with the service also. We have dined there many, many times, and have also had a couple of parties catered. Go to Zio's; you will not be disappointed!!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Donna Digori K
Wayland, Massachusetts
“Excellent salads, average entrees”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

For starters we had different salads, both excellent, especially the arugula with parmesan and pignoli nuts. Also shared orichette pasta with grilled vegetables as an appetizer. Very fresh, perfectly cooked, delicious olive oil seasoning. But the puttanesca sauce on the veal was disappointing and the calamari fra diavlo was just okay. Sauce was better than the calamari. Would probably go back for the pizza, which looked fabulous.

• Visited September 2012