“Hidden Gem”
Review of Cafe Graziella

Cafe Graziella
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Graziella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Hillsborough
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hamilton Rd
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went here for the first time last weekend and lovedit. Great food and good service!
Atmosophere was beautiful and of course frank sinatra was playing....

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been to Cafe Graziella twice now and am impressed by the quality of the food served. This is a fine BYOB, Italian Restaurant located on Route 206 in Hillsborough, NJ. There are two dining rooms that are very nicely decorated. Both times I dined there the waiters were thoroughly familiar with the dishes offered including the specials and knew the contents of each dish. As I actually haven't tried any of the items on the regular dinner menu (I had specials both times I ate there) I can't comment on those. If they are as good as the specials I ate, they will be just excellent. The last time I ate there my pasta special was perfect - al dente and delicious! One of my friends had the braciola and said it was as tender as butter! And I tried another friend's calamari appitizer and it was the best I've ever eaten - so tender and flavorful. The mushroom soup I had was excellent (such a rich flavor!). I recommend Cafe Graziella to all. I can't complain about anything - except perhaps that the dining room was a bit noisy by the time we left as it had filled up to capacity. But that is a small price to pay for the great food we had.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Have been eating here for years and the food has always been consistently average...the menu could really use a refresh as it hasn't changed since opening day. Overall it's a good place to eat, not great, not terrible, just average

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Cafe Graziella is a small Italian BYOB restaurant hidden in a strip mall in Hillsborough. We decided to go last minute on a Friday evening around 6:30pm and found the place fairly empty. By the time we left around 7:30 however, there were people waiting for a table. There was one table with kids when we first arrived, although I wouldn't consider the menu or the surroundings to be very family friendly (my kids would not find much on the menu to like). There is also a liquor store nearby, which made it convenient for getting some drinks to go along with dinner. Our waiter was very attentive, and another waiter also came to our table a few times, perhaps because the restaurant was not very crowded at that time. Two pieces of brushetta (average tasting) and a half loaf of delicious warm fresh bread were served complimentary after we ordered. The wait for our food was average (15 minutes or so).

Menu choices were somewhat unique, with some homemade pasta options, many seafood options, and daily specials. Overall, I didn't find the menu that extensive, and there were some basics that I wish were offered (pasta and fresh veggies, cavatellli and broccoli, etc). I ordered the pasta and salmon dish, which was very tasty, but a bit too oily, especially when reheating the leftovers. We also got the fresh grilled salmon special, swapping the sauce of from another fish dish. One positive is that they seem pretty open to these minor changes. The salmon was a sizable portion, cooked perfectly and the sauce was excellent with it. Our water glasses were always refilled timely as well. Although we had not intended on getting dessert, our waiter told us about some chocolate mousse tart and we were curious. We were somewhat disappointed with the actual dessert itself, which turned out to be a ball of ice cream covered in a chocolate shell. I was expecting more of an actual mousse with cake. The shell tasted like dark chocolate, and was pretty good, but the ice cream was nothing special. I certainly didn't think it was worth $8. Plus, each coffee (no refills) was $3. We could have pooled the $14 and gone to the Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts down the street and had money to spare. Overall, I would suggest getting one of the daily specials, and don't be afraid to ask for minor changes to your choices. Skip the dessert and coffee and don't forget to bring your wine/beer.

1  Thank Shrimpmom13
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The service here is both personal and personable, very old world. the ambience is comfortable, and it is appropriate for anything from families to an intimate date. The food is really, really good.

1  Thank dynzoutalot1