“Okay, just not quite what I expected”
Review of Hightstown Diner

Hightstown Diner
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Hightstown
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
New York City, New York
“Okay, just not quite what I expected”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I'd heard a lot about this place -- namely that it was featured on Food Network. But the meal I had (fish sandwich with fries -- which were frozen, not fresh-cut) was rather par, so I was a bit disappointed. Friendly folks, just not quite what I was hoping for. Some of the other menu items could be better.

• Visited June 2012

Clinton, Maryland
“must try”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My family tired the sampler, had the au ju, breakfast, and the children had the spagetti, great, great food well priced a must try.

Visited June 2012
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
“Great Breakast”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We went to the diner the morning after a wedding with a lot of people and they were very accommodating. It's a very small place and we had about 20 people or so and they were trying to fit us all near each other and they managed to do so which was especially nice since it was a Sunday morning (super busy). The staff was friendly and managed to get our orders out without too much confusion (we had 11 people at our table). The food was delicious and staff was very friendly. They even gave the bride and groom's breakfast on the house. Best diner breakfast I've had in a while. Thumbs up!

• Visited May 2012
“Traditional Jersey Diner Menu”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

This traditional Jersey Diner (stainless steel and all) delivers very good food for great prices, particularly their early bird menu (2:00 - 5:00). The restaurant is small but the menu is large, and the service is "Jersey-friendly". "Try it, you'll like it!"

• Visited April 2012
Freehold, NJ
“A classic NJ diner. Enjoy the exp. and expect average food”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I needed a place close to the NJ turnpike to dine with relatives travelling through with little time to stop. After watching Diners, Drive ins and Dives and seeing that Guy ( the host ) enjoyed the corned beef hash, I offered up the Hightstown Diner to the out-of-towners for a NJ diner exp.. They jumped at the opportunity! Arriving at 3:30 p.m. the diner was between lunch and dinner and hosted just a few local patrons. The diner has been serving the area since 1927 and offers a truly classic menu.Three egg omelettes( $3.75 - $7.45), pancakes ($4.75 - $7.75) 1/2 lb. burgers ($5.95 -$8.95), to full dinners,Broiled T- bone steak with all the fixings ($17.90) and double decker, club sandwiches ($7.95). We all ordered the two eggs with the famous corned beef hash, served with home fried potatoes, toast and jelly
( $5.65). The waitress was pleasant and very polite and the place was clean, The only recommendation is to get the hash slightly crisp to get that really good taste. The price was right the food was good and I would recommend it to friends.

• Visited March 2012