“Beautiful, Romantic Weekend Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Highlands
SeaScape Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Highlands B&B and Inns
South Jersey
“Beautiful, Romantic Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We stayed at Seascape for our anniversary on June 29 to July 1 in the Precious Moments room.
This B&B is immaculately kept. The grounds are beautiful with a ton of blooming flowers and nice relaxing porches and decks. The parlor was also very comfortable looking although we only really walked thru.
Our room was very romantic. Loved the soaking tub although unfortunately only used our first night. Waking up to see the sunrise out the balcony doors is amazing. Bed was very comfortable. Towels were nice and soft. Bathroom was very clean with bubble bath for the soaking tub.
We, for one, loved the cats and dog. It gives the place a very homey feel. We have been to quite a few B&B and almost all have had animals wandering. If you don't like cats or dogs, then a B&B is probably not for you.
We found the whole atmosphere very tranquil and relaxing.
We only ate breakfast our first morning. Breakfast was very good, nicely served and delicious. But we are the type who likes to get up early and go out so a leisurely breakfast starting at 8:30 and ending at 9:45 was just not for us. This is not a complaint, the leisurely breakfast is nice but we really wanted to get to the beach early so we skipped breakfast on Sunday.
And the views from Seascape are spectacular. They are absolutely breathtaking. We sat on our deck Sat morning reading the paper and looked at the boats and the sun on the water. The views can not be beat.
We would definately recomend this hotel for a relaxing, romantic get away and we hope we can return again soon.

• Liked — Romantic atmosphere, Peaceful, Room, View, Closeness to beaches
  • Disliked — Had to leave!!!!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2007

This place is absolutely amazing! When we first pulled in I was a little thrown off by the location, but after going inside, I was pleasantly surprised. It's very quiet with a nice view of the water.

The breakfast outside was incredible! The food was excellent and the service was great. Everyone there was so friendly. The cats and dog were too cute. I just loved the charm of the place.

We used the parking passes for Sandy Hook which are included with your stay. The beaches were very busy when we went, but it was still nice. The traffic was very heavy in the area which is to be expected.

My husband and I are working on planning another trip to Sandy Hook just so we can stay at Seascape Manor again. Everything about the place was wonderful!

• Liked — The breakfasts
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
bayonne,nj
Reviewed July 24, 2006

I stayed at this bed and breakfast on the weekend of July 21-23,2006. I was very disappointed. They lied about the plain and simple room having a bath and shower. the Room was very small and clausphobic. However, the bed was comfortable. i was promised a view of the ocean, that was a lie too, i faced the parking lot. the light kept me up all night. My god, the pets, the owner kept were a nusiance. cats running around and annoying me and my girlfriend during your so called breakfast. One your dogs block the drive so we couldn't get out or in.
The gourmet breakfast is a joke. Make regular continental breakfast, not this fancy stuff. I requested breakfast in bed, I never got it. They didnt charged me for that, I hope. Directions to this place was poor as well.
One Plus side, they were accomdating, When I had a family emergency and I had to leave early. So i hope i wont be charged. The flowers i requested were pretty.
I would never come here again in any season. I would tell my friends and family not to come here as well.

• Liked — none
  • Disliked — none
  • Tips/Secrets — none
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
9 Thank grifter33
bayonne,nj
Reviewed July 23, 2006

I stayed here in July. When i talked to a person about the only room available was plain and simple room, you should close quarters room. very clausophobic. i didnt like the view of parking lot. they should shut off the light in the parking lot at night. it kept me awake. this particular room has a oversized bath and shower, what a joke. it was a shower, very close and small. the other rooms were better. I noticed room next to me had no occupants, it was a bigger room overlooking the sea. bath and shower. gourmet breakfast,what a joke. just make eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes. gourmet breakfast was awful. i didnt like the pets at this place, dogs and cats were pleased to go whether they like. one dog refused to budge as we tried to get out of the parking lot as we are headed to the beach. cats bother when trying to choke down breakfast..it took forever to get breakfast. i waited between 30-45 minutes. they forrget to give us breakast in bed. im glad they didnt add it to the bill. plus they understood, i had to leave early due to family situation.
Did i mention the ac in our room blew a fuse but cam back later in early part of the morning. thank goodness for the celing fan,
I will never stay here again in any season. I will tell friends and family to avoid the place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away from seascape
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
5 Thank noway73
seascape1, owner at SeaScape Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 13, 2008
As one of the owners of SeaScape Manor, I am deeply concerned about the negative review from Noway73 and Grifter33 of Bayonne, NJ. Both people staying in the same room on the same nights wrote a separate review that is unflattering to our B&B. My major concern is that neither person complained to the owners during their stay. We would have gladly addressed their concerns and even found them other accommodations at another establishment at no cost if we had known they were so unhappy. The first we knew of their disappointment was when reading this review. The Plain & Fancy Room is 13x13 feet with an attached bathroom that has both a shower and a tub. There are shades on both of the windows that pull down to block any light coming in the windows. We have never claimed to be on the beach, we overlook the ocean and it takes 3 minutes to drive down to the beach, all of our literature states this. We will honor any request that a guest has for breakfast, be it pancakes or anything else we have available to make. Guests are given a choice of entres - an egg dish or a pancake/waffle type choice. If they wish an alternative breakfast, they just need to ask. We do everything possible to make our guests comfortable and to make their stay memorable. It is painful to learn that a couple staying at our B&B found it so awful but said nothing to us while they were staying with us. All of the problems mentioned could have been resolved with communication.
New Jersey
Reviewed May 16, 2006

Best Valentine weekend ever. Two days in the Precious Moments room were just that-- precious and romantic moments. Soaking in the hot tub while drinking wine with my love one, watching the ships on the Atlantic pass in the night, and a great breakfast the next morning. We are booked again for next year, if we can wait that long.

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank Stephen B
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed February 19, 2006

This is a lovely B&B with views of the ocean. Seascape is very accommodating providing a great breakfast and very comfortable beds. If you plan to stay at Seascape Manor when most of the rooms are booked, hop right out of bed and get in the shower early in the morning. If you don't, you will bathe in icecubes and don't plan on getting a warm shower before the afternoon! The upstairs showers seem to have problems that the owners won't acknowledge ... they either scalding hot water or freezing and you are constantly backing off trying to adjust the water between hot and cold. This is not an inexpensive B&B and other guests have complained, but the owners don't seem to care, maybe because there is no remedy.

• Stayed January 2006
6 Thank Karen H
, Owner at SeaScape Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 11, 2006
I am very sorry that our guests did not have an exceptional stay at our B&B. We strive to make each visit very special and memorable. We do occassionally have problems as any 115 year old house will have, (that is part of the charm of such a property) but we do investigate and resolve them as soon as possible. The day these guests complained, we contacted a plumber to find out that one of the coils on the hot water heater had burned out and it was immediately replaced. We have not had any other complaints since this incident. We did give these guests a discount because of their inconvenience. If you encounter a problem while staying with us, please let us know as we will resolve it as soon as possible.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highlands
Blue Bay Inn
Comfort Inn Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
#1 of 1 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to SeaScape Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!