“Good atmosphere”

Ranked #18 of 34 Restaurants in Highlands
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Sports bar and grill located in highlands, NJ with 10 large HDTVs showing all sporting events. American bar food with southern and English influences. Outdoor bar and seating for the summer months.
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure if it was this place or our B&B. Both my husband and I ended up with stomach issues. The food tasted great. Maybe it was just to greasy for us.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This seems like a great dive bar to kick back and watch the game after a day at the beach (Sandy Hook). We went with the kids during the day and it was okay for kids during lunch. I think it would probably be inappropriate for kids later in the evening though. The food was okay, not amazing, not great, but not bad either. The fries were pretty below average, but the burgers and wings were what you would expect from a solidly good dive bar.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

My wife & I had just returned from a vacation in Ocean City, MD, put all the vacation stuff away and decided to eat out. We chose the Chubby Pickle due to a discounted coupon we had. Mind you, we are not bar kind of people. We were pleasantly surprised at what we found at the Chubby Pickle. The place was clean, lively, many TV to view from almost any angle. The fried pickle appy was delicious and nicely complimented by a horseradish based sauce. My Chubby Burger was very favorable and done to perfection. My wife's fish tacos were plentiful. Good food, good place, with lightning fast service. Well worth giving it a try.

1  Thank freedatime
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Food was very good, place was spotless and the atmosphere great for a bar/restaurant. Unfortunately, our server was absolutely detached from her job/customers. This is the second time here. The first visit was fine, this time not. Would not be in a hurry to go back.

1  Thank BillInNJ
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a fun place to come and enjoy a beverage, watch sports and enjoy good bar food. Very casual atmosphere but if you are looking for a good burger or bowl of chile, this is the place. I've only been here on a weekday evening but have left full, content and with a smile each time. The barmaid/hoastess has always been on her A game.