“Excellent Mexican Food”

Dining options: Late Night
Middletown, New Jersey
“Excellent Mexican Food”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Leo, the owner, has done and excellent job with the menu by providing a wide selection of meals and appetizers for most anyone. Waitress and Bar service is friendly and knowledgeable of the food and drinks available. Speed: The kitchen is small but they work hard to bring a great meal, just give them a little extra time if it is busy( usually is). Enjoy the tequila selection while you wait.

• Visited August 2014

“Terrible service, so so food...”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Went as a family for dinner on a dreary Tuesday night. They were not overly busy but took an eternity to get seated and then to have our order taken.

With an obviously restless and hungry 2 year old and 4 year old it took half an hour for two apple juices (no kids cups) and two margaritas to arrive, which only showed up after we went to the bar to order them ourselves.

An hour later the food came, which was kids chicken fingers and enchiladas. The basics. Food was only so so. We couldn't wait to leave.

This is not a good place to take small kids. I would never go there again with the family.

1 Thank Daniel M
Middletown, New Jersey
“Not My Favorite Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Food is nothing to write home about, but service was good. It was a slow night with a few tables occupied. Although, I noticed the bar does very well here both at the tables and bar side. With so many similar restaurants nearby this would not be my first choice.

Visited August 2014
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went on a mini vacation to sandy hook beach, we tried a few small places and were very disappointed... I had come across chilangos on maps before we left, from the reviews we were very excited to try this place, and it is EXTREMELY worth it, most Mexican restaurants are very Americanized, but not this one. The food was absolutely the best Mexican I have had yet, the atmosphere was great and the waitresses were all friendly and all had smiles on their faces,also were a bit helpful. I wished there was a chilangos near us! By far y favorite restaurant, besides Garys. :) if u are near it is a must!

• Visited July 2014
Pennsylvania
“Love this place”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Every time we visit Highlands, NJ we are sure to make this one of our dinner stops. The service here is great and the food is outstanding. Everything tastes and looks fresh.

Every meal starts out with chips and salsa. The salsa is outstanding with just enough spice.

For an appetizer we ordered one of their weekly specials. It was crab stuffed jalapeno poppers. These poppers were incredible highly recommend these if you get the chance. They are spicy but very good.

Chilango's burriotto is what my wife and I split for our meal since we usally leave this placed feeling stuffed when we don't split a meal. Plus this allows room for more chips and salsa and a Margarita or two.

Highly recommend this place if you are in the area.

• Visited July 2014