“Casa Maya is a Mess”

Casa Maya Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in High Bridge
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I live in High Bridge and have been going to Casa Maya for a few years. As of today, that is over. I ordered takeout and as they usually do, they messed it up. I could have not have been more clear in what I wanted, and they got it hopelessly wrong...twice. The food is mediocre at best Mexican, but if they can't get it right, why even bother. Go to El Segundo in Clinton.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I like the fact that this is a bring your own bottle. My husband and I used to come more often, but the last two times we felt that the food was not as good as it used to be, and are not so inclined to go. Maybe the menu is just tired.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Great Mexican food within a 30 mile radius or more! Family friendly with good prices. It is "bring your own" so don't forget your wine or beer!

And ask for Rudolfo - he is the best ever!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a great place to go for real Mexican food. All the dishes I've had there are fresh, delicious, and home made. The decor in the dinning room is what you would expect from a typical Mexican Restaurant but don't let it fool you and the food. If you get there before 7:00ish you might think the place is closed, no cars in the parking lot. I guess people eat later in High Bridge, but hey you get great service then. So if you are looking to get some great Mexican from somewhere other than a fast food joint, take the trip to Casa Maya, you won't be dissapointed.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This place is worth the additional 20 minute drive it takes. Everything I have eaten from this restaurant had has been great! If there is anything left over I take it home whether or not it was my meal, that's how good it is. They have a very good selection to choose from (they have Carnitas which are hard to find at other places) and they are a BYOB as well (I enjoy this personally). My wife doesn't care for shredded beef and they are happy to give her ground beef instead.