All reviews front desk sandy hook continental breakfast clean rooms would stay again bagels the breakfast area visiting family the jersey shore comfortable bed nice stay the garden state parkway very nice hotel pnc nj funeral motel
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I've stayed one week at this hotel for a business trip.
The hotel is very dated and the rooms would need a refreshment: the carpet is not clean (some stains), there was a hole in the ceiling above the bathroom (it was a cap), the heater is noisy, the room in general looks very old.
The positiv things were: even though the room did not look that clean because it was old dated the sheets were clean and the cleaning staff was doing a complete cleaning every day which was great, there is a complimentary breakfast, the wifi is working very well, the front desk is nice.
The negativ things were: room very old dated, towels are not always clean (I had to ask for new ones one night as the one I got did not seem clean with old stains), the cleaning is done but some things are forgotten to make the room very trustable (I found some opened shampoo bottles at the top of the bathtub the first day I arrived), the breakfast is not varied, the heater is very noisy but if you don't use it you're too cold, you need your own products for the bathroom as there are only basic products (soap and shampoo) but that was ok for me as I always bring everything.
Concerning the location, I was not there for leisure so I don't really know what you can do during you spare time but for what I've seen to go to eat for example you need a car.
I don't know how are the other hotels in this area but this one was ok for the price. Not sure I would recommand it though. Depending on the criteria you have this hotel can be perfect. For me, the cleanliness is the most important thing in my room so I spent a lot of time during my week to check the sheets and the towels before using them!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2010

We just stayed overnight to attend a family event in the area. The room was immaculately clean. The mirrors shone. Did not have an opportunity to rate other aspects of the hotel. The interaction with the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2010

An affordable choice with some extra touches. Rooms feature mini-fridge,microwaves,attractive duvets,comfortable beds. Early morning continental breakfast offered a wide choice of juices,bagels,yogurt etc. Small dining area was nicely arranged & very clean. Great location to the shore points and easy access to Garden State Parkway. Front desk staff is very pleasant, greeting you as a welcome guest. Lobby area offers free internet access, I was able to print out my boarding pass with no problems. Excellent value for the budget-minded traveler.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2010

My husband uses a walker. The employees at this hotel always rush out to hold the door for him. They have helped us in so many ways we feel like its home. The breakfast is good . The .place was very clean. My husband left his cane behind and Nancy from the front desk called before we reached home and left a message that it was found.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank graynblue
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Only stayed one night for a family reunion on a Friday night. Had two rooms - me, hubby, 2 teenagers and 1yr old in one room. My mother-in-law and our 3yr old daughter had a room across the hall. We paid around $100 per night which was a great price for the area and the time of year. Everything was pretty much as you would expect. Our room had 2dbl beds and a small fridge. The other room had a huge king-sized bed and no fridge. The rooms seemed clean enough. The clerk warned that there was a wedding, however I never heard anything over the hum of the crankin a/c. My hubby froze me out, The was a single computer in the main lobby with internet access. The clerk chased a bored child away so I was able to use it to look something up. The best part was Breakfast. We were told about the FREE continental breakfast when we checked in. They had all kinds of goodies. It was plenty to fill my family of seven. The hotel is on a major road in a busy area. I had no trouble finding a place to get my nails done, visit a pharmacy, buy donuts, and there is a Friendlys in the same parking lot. I would stay here again. They had an area with an ice machine, drink vending machine (with water) and a junk food vending machine all located across the hall from the work-out room...lol.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family