“Always feels like home...”

Best Western Hazlet Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hazlet
Yarmouth, Maine, USA
“Always feels like home...”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I frequent this hotel at least 3x a year when visiting my family in town. Always very pleasant staff, clean room and just enough options at the continental breakfast in the morning! Check in is smooth and quick which is fantastic after my six hour drive and usually arrive in the wee hours.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank CANDICE B
ModyN, General Manager at Best Western Hazlet Inn, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing our hotel.Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.STAY WITH PEOPLE WHO CARE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Turkish first
Huntington, New York
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Needed a room for one night. This was the least expensive of all the chains in the Hazlet area. I don't know whether I just lucked out or they just renovated the place but the room was fabulous. I rented a king no smoking room. The bed was really comfy, the bedding crisp white on white. The sheets were soft and pristine. The vanity area had granite counters. There was plenty of hot water, and the room was spotless. There was a decent size flatscreen tv, a nice writing desk and a few chairs. Everything was perfect. It was quiet, there was a nice lobby area. And best of all was the very sweet young woman that worked up front. She was very helpful and professional. I have done my share of traveling, been in my share of hotels and motels and this rates as one of the best I have been at.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ellen S
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Best Western for a few nights last month and definitely enjoyed the stay. The hotel is right off the garden state parkway and is really easy to find.. its also pretty close to the beach too!! The front desk staff was really knowledgeable and helped us out with questions regarding the area and restaurants. All we had to do was ask, and we recieved.. the WHOLE staff was really considerate, and very well trained :)
Can't say enough about how comfy the beds were!! The rooms in general are spacious and well-kept by the maintenance and housekeeping personnel.
I would not hesitate to reccommend this hotel to my friends and family for a future stay.. for the price and its location and the service and quality of room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here 4 days over Thanksgiving 2012 weekend only because Holiday Inn was booked. This hotel is old, dated, dirty, poorly lit and poorly managed. We are not snobs in any way but I can not believe other reviewers have said anything positive about this place. The place was filthy, chairs in room stained, windowsills caked with dirt, elevator was very dirty, both the floor and walls, looks like months of coffee spills went unnoticed. Old rickety furniture crammed into the small rooms to the point there was no place for luggage. In the nightstand drawer we found a pair of bright pink very brief "hooker" shorts, a partially used box of condoms, an opened package of cookies and saltines strewn about in the drawer. The tissue holder had exactly one tissue left, maid left it empty for 3 days, as well as one of two toilet paper rolls. Layout of room such that you could not open the room door and bathroom door at same time, nor could you open the bathroom door if someone was using the sink just inside the room door. No internet access for 4 days. 3 different staff members gave me 3 different explanations. The night clerk said there was absolutely no problem with internet access even as 3 other guests in the lobby told them they could not get connected either. Trash at front entrance when we checked in Thursday nights was not cleaned up until Sunday morning. Breakfast honestly was not fit for a dog, even the coffee was putrid. Originally sent an email complaint at the Best Western corporate site, all they did was forward it to the hotle manager who did nothing but send a form email encouraging me to try them again. Not on your life!! Even if I get shut out of Hioliday Inn again I will stay anywhere but a Best Western. Do yourself a favor, try another hotle.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, anywhere else.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and i checked in to the best western hazlet inn around 530 pm, certainly not early. The hotel was obviously old and in need of a makeover, but front desk service was very pleasant.

We were walking to our room, while we passed a women running with a sheet, saying she'd be right there! Confused we assumed she wasn't talking to us, and when we opened the door we found two strangers (in street clothes, but assuming they might have worked there?). They apologized the room wasn't ready, and when the woman came back, helped her put on the sheet, and offered a "apple spray" for the bed which we declined. After attempting to settling in, we could not get over the smell of smoke, although a non smoking room.

Went to the front desk, and was very easily switched to another room, and the gentleman was very nice and apologetic. Our second room, was without the smoke smell luckily!

The rooms are small, and have a feel of a basement, with only one small window, and low ceilings, but the room was inexpensive. The breakfast the next morning was really only sufficient for a cup of coffee, but our stay was short and were happy to be out by 9am the next morning.

I would not stay at this hotel again, for the pure creep factor, but was appreciated for the front desk's attentiveness to change our room.

Room Tip: Attempt to book on the second floor or away from the ends of the hallways, they seemed to be near ex...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Southampton, New York
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were able to reserve a room with a comfortably sized (but somewhat too soft) king size bed. However, both my husband and I woke up in the morning with backaches, which did go away after about an hour from arising. The room is mostly clean except for a bar of used soap that was at the top of the shower, left there by a previous guest (yuk!) Didn't get to check out their continental breakfast, as it is served during a very narrow time frame (from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.) I suppose one shouldn't complain, as it is free, but the motel should offer guests a wider time frame to partake in it. Very nice staff -- very pleasant and helpful. A dorm-room size refrigerator is also located in the room for those who wish to chill their eats and drinks, as is a small coffee maker and iron and ironing board. Unfortunately, the unit lacks an in-room safe deposit box. The heater takes a while to warm up, but has no thermostat to more closely control the temperature once it get going. The room is non-smoking; however, I could still smell cigarettes from the adjacent rooms that were for smokers. The motel does have a small gym, which neither my husband nor I were aware of, as that was not mentioned on the website whence I booked the room. Had we known, we would have brought work-out clothes. Its location right on the highway, just off the Parkway, as well as its prominent layout, makes it a breeze to find. For the area, it is more affordable than other properties, even of its class and type.

Room Tip: If cigarette smoke bothers you, ask for a non-smoking room as far away from the smoking rooms as pos...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazlet
Holiday Inn Hazlet
#1 of 1 in Atlantic Highlands
Molly Pitcher Inn
Molly Pitcher Inn
#3 of 4 in Red Bank

Been to Best Western Hazlet Inn? Share your experiences!