All reviewsfront desksandy hookcontinental breakfastclean roomswould stay againbagelsthe breakfast areavisiting familythe jersey shorecomfortable bednice staythe garden state parkwayvery nice hotelpncnjfuneralmotel
Reviewed August 17, 2012

There is a review on here about a person staying at the Best Western in Hazlet, NJ. We have stayed in this hotel 4 times and found it to be a very clean and friendly hotel. I have never had a problem. It seems people will say anything to get a FREE room for a few hours. What a Shame and a scam. I do not think that this hotel sells rooms by the hour and that they didnt want to pay full price for 2 hours.

The hotel is very nice and I recomend anyone needing to stay in that area to try it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ladywalsh
Reviewed August 15, 2012

....I got to my room.

We booked a room here because we were getting our bathroom floors done and didn't want to sleep in a house without a bathroom. Read all the reviews on here and we were expecting something about the same as other people. Lobby was nice and clean, desk staff was friendly. We thought we made a right decision until:

The room. I mean, we weren't expecting the Plaza, but from the outside everything looked good. At that point it was so late, we didn't care as long as there was a bathroom. We semi-unpacked, took hot showers, but noticed there was cobwebs in the corner of the shower stall, no big deal. Checked for mold like other reviews have said, didn't see any. Laid on the bed, endtable looked like it hadn't been dusted in weeks. Once I saw that, I looked at the side of my mattress and there was a huge stain. Maybe urine or coffee. But it's been there for a while.

I was just about to go to bed when I stood up and saw a bed bug crawling where I was laying down. Promptly, I screamed and ran. My mom was trying to catch it, but crushed it into the sheet and there was a huge blood stain. Bright red, like it bit me or the person in the room before us. Sure it was one, but there might have been a bedbug motel underneath me so my mother brought the bug downstairs (as I left a piece of paper with an arrow pointing to the blood spot on the sheet for the housekeeper) and put it on the counter, and we checked out ASAP. Desk clerk apologized to her, meanwhile I was upstairs in scalding hot water to make sure no bugs wanted a free ride to my house.

When I left, I wasn't given an apology as I left, when my bed was the one affected. I wasn't looking for or demanding one (I kind of wish though, as a courtesy because it looked like a manager was behind the desk when I went down), but I was so scared I was bit or was bringing some home with me. So I just left. Fast.

My mother was told she would get a phone call from someone there about this the day after, and they haven't called yet. She was told she wasn't going to get her card charged, so let's see if that holds up. Other than that, it looked like a nice place to stay but the bug situation just threw me off to the place as a whole.

I'd say this place is good for a night or two if you like taking a chance with blood sucking bugs. Maybe it was a one time occurrence or we got a "bad" room, but all it takes is one incident like this to turn you off from a place, and that did it for me.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We made reservations and stayed at this best western a few days ago. I think there is new management because the hotel looked better and it was very clean. We stayed here in the past when it was a different hotel chain. I don't remember what chain it was. We are an older couple and the staff help us with our bags and refused to take a tip. The room was clean and fresh. The manager said he was new and even called our room when we checked in to make sure everything was ok. There is a dunkin donuts next door and also a friendly's restaurant

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Anthony R
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was a little concerned when I got the invitation to the wedding. I expected the wedding hotel would be something....a little nicer perhaps. But with limited options in the area (and not wanting to drive home after the wedding), we decided to bite the bullet.
I called up to book, and spoke with a very pleasant and helpful front desk attendant. She assisted me in booking the room. When I had to call back to make changes to our reservation, I spoke with the same helpful lady.
I was actually quite surprised when we got there. The hotel looks to be recenly renovated. The room was nicely appointed and appeared to be very clean. Bed was comfy - pillows a little small perhaps - but we slept well. It was a very hot day, and once the AC got going, it cooled the room nicely. The front desk attendant (same lady I spoke with on the phone) was pleasant and helpful. She told us to make sure we had fun at the wedding.
I can't speak for the breakfast (didn't roll out of bed until 10:00 or so), or the free internet, but I briefly used the computer in the lobby to check something and it worked fine.
I do a lot of travel for work, and this placed lined up in the same vein as most Fairfield/Hampton Inn's you might find out there. Not the "Four Seasons", but it's not supposed to be. It was more than adequate for what we paid. Definitely better than I expected.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MJS-NJ
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We have been staying at this hotel on and off for a year. During that period we never met the General Manger, seems she was never around. This week when we checked in, the new Manager "John" introduced himself and welcomed us to the hotel. This doesn't happen much when we stay at other hotels. The rooms are very nice and the staff will go out of their way to help with anything.............great rates also

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple