All reviewsfront desksandy hookcontinental breakfastclean roomswould stay againbagelsthe breakfast areavisiting familythe jersey shorecomfortable bednice staythe garden state parkwayvery nice hotelpncnjfuneralmotel
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The room was fine, the noise was awful. Hey, we were tired and desperate after a long drive.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank bomobob
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because it was near a soccer field we had a game at. The hotel was out dated. The pillows were small and hard. The complimentary breakfast did not offer juices or fruit. Quite disappointing. Also, the free internet was as good as no internet. It was so slow and unusable.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

the hotel staff was very friendly. the hotel's location was just right. It was not too far from any of the Jersey attractions that my wife and i wanted to go to.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Local business that had a party nearby with 100 guests. I went there on two occasions to block rooms for these guests. Not one call back from manager. So first we will not be staying here again.
Second the rooms need updating, and forget peace and quiet this is a local hotel for drunks and workers to sleep it off. Enough said.

The front counter woman seemed out of it constantly gigling etc while wooing her boyfriend. Completly unprofessional.
Upon check out I used a local law firms gift for one free night. It was a managers card signed and was either donated, or pre-paid. I will let that law firm know about this.
THEY REFUSED TO HONOR IT

Last, over $80 for this place, should be $45.

Sad, owner or manager could care less. But endless supply of drunks from local bars, and workers away from home will keep this place here and in its current status.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank kazu79
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My family stayed at the Best Western in Hazlet, NJ from 11/24 - 11/27/11. This was the absolute WORST hotel experience we have ever had. In the 3 days we stayed there, we were in FIVE different rooms. There were several problems, including very loud night workers who I thought at first were drunken guests in the hall (and they needed 3-4 requests to quiet down at 3am). We discovered
** MOLD ** in both rooms the next morning. The manager was apologetic, and assured we would have new rooms when we returned that night, and promsed me to my face that my pregnant daughter's room would have a refirigerator, as her moldy room she was forced to leave had a fridge for her juice & milk. She promised that if she had to move the fridge in herself, there would be one. Guess what? NO fridge was in the room. She later denied she said that, reciting the "refrigerators are not a quarantee" rule. There were many problems, and no real compensation. They told me the absolute most they couyld offer me was 10% off each room. (!!!!!!!!) Since we were in FIVE rooms, that should have been 50% off. 10% was an insult. Our trip was wonderful - we got to see family and had a great time - EXCEPT for the extreme stress and aggrivation caused by our stay at the Best (??) Western. In retrospect, I woke up the first night with an extremely bad pounding headache. I suffered for over an hour before I could get back to sleep. It was probably the mold.
I will NEVER consider staying at any Best Western ever again. I value my sanity and my family's health far too much.
I need to add that the two female non-management counter associates were kind and helpful.

Room Tip: Check your room, especially outide walls, around windows and in the bathroom for mold.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family