“Excellent stay”
Review of Holiday Inn Hazlet

Holiday Inn Hazlet
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hazlet
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We chose this hotel as it was close to the PNC Arts Center and we were travelling to New Jersey for a concert. The room was clean and pleasant, the staff were friendly and very helpful and prices were reasonable. Having free internet access was a real boon and I was able to Skype call to the UK for free! Children eat free in the restaurant when eating with an adult, although it is not open at lunch times. I prepaid and had no problems in that department.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
HZTNJ, Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn. We are blessed with a great location on the Jersey Shore, close to the PNC Arts Center. We hope to see you again.
Sam Mogilisetty, Manager
(Management representative)

Reviewed August 28, 2010

Having stayed here several times in the past two years, it's become one of my Jersey Shore favorites. Great location,reasonable rates, eager to please staff. Recently upgraded rooms,comfortable,clean, nicely decorated.Compared to other properties in the area,this is a better value based on the amenities.I needed to be close to Bayshore Hospital,which is minutes away. Pool area is relaxing,however they need to replace their outdoor chairs,at least two dozen were broken & totally trashed. Weekends are solidly booked for weddings,events..very busy.Front desk staff make a determined effort to give the best possible service. Public transportation in the area includes trains,buses into New York City, ferry service from Atlantic Highlands.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We love what we do here! It is frustrating to us at hotel also that guests sometimes do crazy things after the wedding parties.We learned of that after the wedding group stayed the night before you let us know but we were unable to locate the guests. Immediately we placed an order for them.We sincerely apologize for the appearance of the pool area and hope you return for a more pleasant stay.
Thank you.
Sam Mogilisetty

Reviewed August 14, 2010

This hotel did not honour our advance purchase rates or Priority Club member benefits. As there were no King Rooms with parlour upon arrival at 4.00 pm, we were shown a few smaller rooms with King bed and sofa bed which we had to settle for as we were tired. Hotel had no idea that we had pre-paid through Priority Club even though they had sent us a confirmation welcome letter. There were no pre-paid charge on our credit card as with the other hotels on this trip.

The front desk personnel appeared inexperienced ( with the exception of the blonde girl who needs a MAJOR lesson in attitude and customer service). Leon at the front desk apologised and admitted he was new tried to help us, but didn't have the aurthority to do anything.

On check out we got a bill for the tax incl. prepaid amount plus taxes !! even though we stayed in a regular King room, gain, lack of experience and I suspect gouging. I had asked for the manager who never showed up as promised. Another man at the front desk promised us a refund for the diffence and of course didn't honor it.

We waited 45 minutes for breakfast as there was a new 17 year old chef, there was one waitress who was stressed out, I felt very sorry for her.

I do not recommend this hotel for advanced purchase and definitely not for Priority Club members.

On check out

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2010

myself and my daughter and her girlfriend, had a two night stay at this hotel and it was fun. first of all i made the reservation for the same day we would be arriving and i did it on priceline, the price for the room was cut in half... the first thing i was surprised about. then thinking that it would not be as nice as it turned out to be was the next surprise...i honestly did not think it would be good as it was.

my only complaints would be that when we initially arrived in our room, there was a stale smokey smell in it......after a while it either went away or we got used to it, but no matter we would only be sleeping there not living there. the other thing was the internet was extremely slow, worse than what i have at home.

i would have to say that overall it was a fun stay and it was very clean. the pool was also very lovely, and well maintained..

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 4, 2010

From the time I checked in my Patience was tested with how long the staff took to do anything when I went to my room it was dirty food trays outside the door with tobacco ashes all over I called restaurant to get them and no one ever picked them up I had friends stopping
by so I moved them and put them down somewhere else one of the staff told me I had to bring it to the kitchen and I cant leave It there when I asked her could she take it away she looked at me
with a scowl and said I'm off the clock and mumbled something in Spanish but I know that is one person so I asked to speak to the GM and was told he always has off on the weekends and does not handle guest complaints so The girl I talked to sad I need to talk to a Mod ? who they could not find so I went back to my room that was still not clean very angry I picked up the glass in the room to get a drink of water and it was full of dry spit and tobacco what Is going on there I walked to my car called my credit card co to decline the charges and drove away.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2010

First off, I was pleasantIy surpirsed on arrival, it was a very nice place. I stayed at this hotel for a wedding. Apparently there was another wedding as well and it got a little hectic. The manager Mr Patel took care of everything. QUICKLY at that. The rooms were very nice. Although I stayed only one night , I could have stayed longer!! Thanks again Mr Patel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2010

I stayed here on a weekly basis for about a year for work. The staff were Great, friendly and offered to help when ever you asked. While I was there they remodeled the rooms starting with new beds. Hotel is shaped like a big rectangle with the pool and court yard in the center. Pack a network patch cable, the farther away from the lobby the weaker the wifi. Muti plex movie theater right across the street, Restaurants close by. Also a great restaurant on site room service is available

I miss the staff who went out of their way to ensure a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazlet
Best Western Hazlet Inn
Comfort Inn Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
#1 of 1 in Middletown
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown
Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore

Been to Holiday Inn Hazlet? Share your experiences!