“Not for me”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hazlet
New York City, New York
“Not for me”
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Paid about $71 a night so can't complain too much but some of the disappointing features were: Room was much smaller than I anticipated. Hotel was generally smelly especially the elevator which had a lingering mustiness. No wireless access although it was advertised as a feature. Front desk told me wireless only in the lobby and lounge which was not accurate. Window view was directly of the hallway so had to keep the shades drawn at all times. Maid service didn't remove any of the utensils or change any of the glasses. One bar of soap, no soap dish but did have shampoo/lotion. Room was so small the coffee maker was in the bathroom. Laundry facilities was on another floor and it was quite a walk despite the hotel being only 2 stories. $1.50 per wash & $1.50 per dry. Staff was friendly enough and for the price it was OK but I've stayed at other Holiday Inn's for roughly the same price and it was much better.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
san jose, california
Reviewed July 31, 2009

i was surprised when i check my credit card online, they charge me twice, they charged my friend's room to my card. i complained and have to follow up like 4 times. they will give it back to me with 3 to business days. wont come back here again.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Hazlet hotels

frances714
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I have went to visit the beach with my two teens, I was very happy with staff, with ammenties, room size and th beds are soooo comfortable!!! I mean really they are.
the front of the hotel feels warm and enviting, you feel like your on vacation, our room was perfect, the beds well made, room was clean, very pleased, i had a hard time connecting to the internet from my room, but the front desk clerk quickly fixed that with a cord, it was perfect. i loved the fact they have washer and dryer as visitng the beach its nice to have a convient wash;) I found the staff friendly and helpfull. and very accomdating. I wish the price was alittle bit cheaper or that the offered discounts on more than one night stays, but i do believe it has it perks as it keeps maybe some not so desirable clientelle from visiting:)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
philadelphia
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I frequent this hotel approximately 2 nights per month, and I can say they are my family away from home. This hotel is clean and friendly, and can accommodate virtually any request. The restaurant/lounge staff is equally as generous and cordial.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Des Moines IA
Reviewed June 5, 2009

We stayed here once before and were not very happy. This time around was so much better. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way for our group, which made our stay wonderful. We especially loved the new beds and bedding that the gal at the front desk was quick to point out after we told her we stayed before. We intended to go to breakfast, but woke up late. It was a pleasant surprise and was the perfect end to a great weekend. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2009
Freehold
Reviewed October 28, 2008

My wedding day is supposed to be best day of my life. Dealing with various vendors and all those stresses...who would have guessed that the hotel would be the worst vendor to deal with? After making several calls to the hotel and not getting call backs, I showed up and was treated very poorly by a gentleman there who handles the bigger groups. It was miserable dealing with him. Yet given the area there is not many other options so we were sort of stuck.

Now the wedding day...I am told that I may not be able to check in early after that was suppose to be arranged. So I went there anyway and was able to check in...first thing I wanted to do was take a shower, the water was freezing but no big deal. Went to the wedding and came back to the hotel and wanted to take a shower, no hot water again. Call front desk they send someone up who tells me that the hot water heater is on a timer since they don't expect people to be taking showers at 2 am. Next morning, still no hot water, again call front desk, they send another gentleman up who tells me to turn on the jacuzzi tub for 5 minutes before turning on the shower. He leaves and water goes freezing again. Call again, they tell me that I should just go to another room.

Go down to my brunch, and talk to some friends about there stay, well...one of our guests woke up with a condom wrapper stuck to her foot and no it wasn't hers, she was staying alone. Others said that they only had luke warm water.

Asked to speak to the hotel manager to discuss the various issues, was told he was in a meeting and would be availble in about 15-20 minutes. I went to my room to pack up and waited, about an hour later called the front desk only to have them tell me that he would not be available for another hour and that I needed to pay my bill. I argued with them about even thinking about charging me at this point, and they decided to give me half off...I said that wasn't good enough was told that I had to wait for the manger.

I then called the Priority Club with Holiday Inn and spoke to the corporate guest services who called the hotel to fix everything.

I was then told by the front desk that the hotel manger would call me in about half an hour to discuss everything. That was two days ago.

I would never stay here again, nor would I ever recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — It was close enough to the reception center
  • Disliked — It was horrible to deal with for booking events.
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Fords, New Jersey
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Well let's start. I picked up my Good friend and her daughter at the Train station and went to the hotel. they weren't ready yet so they asked if we could come back in an hour. I asked for a favor and left the little one's birthday cake with them. nice gesture on their part. Did what we had to do and returned three hours later. after numerous attempts to swipe my girlfriends Credit card I got t call that they had problems. Thye gave them rooms anyhow. Different floors and opposite ends of the hotel. busy I guess. Then , when I arrived I had them swipe my card with the group in tow. they announced that card didnt work, finally I got a card that they claimed worked. all good right? Not at all Next morning my party was locked out of their room and the desk gal said that the card that they swiped not once , but twice and was originally approved, was declined now and they locked them out of their room. I got a hold of the managre who was gracious and apologetic and offered us free breakfast. Wow, bad choice. food was lousy and the chase was on for food since they were closing up breakfast. Rooms were mildewy, no bathtub, no shampoo in room. By the way I was double charged too My Original card was actually accepted and both cards were charged. Took a week to straighten out and Manager was apologetic, Like a criminal sorry for his crimes. If you want to despise the Holiday Inn chain, please by all means go to this hotel.. Oh They have a pool, not bad,it is Clean , but bring your own towels we got the last of the towels they had available, I guess I would call them dish towels, like the ones at the hospitals.. One star for this rat hole....

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazlet
Best Western Hazlet Inn
#3 of 4 in Red Bank
Blue Bay Inn
Blue Bay Inn
#1 of 1 in Atlantic Highlands

Been to Holiday Inn Hazlet? Share your experiences!