“What a Great Change”
Review of Holiday Inn Hazlet

Holiday Inn Hazlet
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hazlet
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had been a regular guest for over two years but had found that the care of the hotel was going down hill so I had changed. I recently stayed there again because it was very close to where I had to go and thought rather than drive an hour I would stay for the night and give them another try. I was very, very surprised. The condition has improved and I woudl now compare it to any other four star hotel. It has truly turned itself around and I will stay there going forward anytime I am in that area.

Room Tip: The only tip I can offer is to get a room that faces the courtyard not the road.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HI H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Arnie J,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so glad to hear that you gave us a second chance and everything was to your statisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hazlet

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have stayed in various Holiday Inn hotels across the country and have come to expect a certain level of class. This particular Holiday Inn was somewhat of a disappointment on a number of levels.

1) All the rooms have large picture windows which face the hallways. For one thing, I was really not interested in seeing into everyone's room as I walked down the hall and for another there was no view not to mention fresh air.

2) The Lobby was small and was not the kind of lobby where you can sit down and get comfortable

3) The hallways were so narrow (fit 2 people) that when someone was using the luggage cart, I had to wait at the other end of the hall for her to pass before I was able to walk down

3) The fire alarm went off at 5:45 AM and they made everyone evacuate the hotel until 6:30 AM this was dues to a faulty smoke detector, all they offered as compensation was a free breakfast (there was no breakfast or coffee offered for a regular stay) in their little restaurant.

4) The front parking lot was well lit but was full when I got there (due to the bar next door) so I had to park in the back parking lot which was poorly lit and felt unsafe.

All in all, the rooms were clean and the place was decent, but it felt allot more like a motel than a hotel, If you don't mind hotel prices for a motel stay................

Dear Robert S,

Thank you for your feedback and we are so sorry that your stay with us was not 100% to your satisfaction. Our property was revovated in 2010 but we continue to take suggestions on how we can improve. In additon, we do apologize again for the fire alarm issue but for the safety of all our guests we are required to evacuate the building in the event that it does go off for any reason. Nevertheless, we do hope that you will give us another chance next time you are in our area!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

After the hotel we were supposed to stay at was still not ready after the storm, Abby - the manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet - saved the day. I was part of a volunteer team of 22 people from NJ, NY and as far away as Israel. We worked really hard all day, so we needed a hotel whose staff would understand our need for on time and hearty breakfast service, a peaceful afternoon pool setting, and quality beds!
Abby and her whole staff delivered that and much more.
When we needed a wash, they gave me quarters and laundry soap. The rooms were very clean, the towels plentiful. We loved coming back to the hotel each day to a large pitcher of citrus water, a cold beer at the bar at the end of a long day, and a cooling pool. Abby even helped me with printing needs for our program.
This could have been a terrible situation and the staff at the Holiday Inn Hazlet made it, instead, into a wonderful, calm week.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HI H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Wycoff1,

We are thrilled to hear you and your group enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad you were able to relax and feel comfortable at our hotel after a long day helping those in need. Thank you so much for your buisness and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was here with my family. My husband travels a lot and I occasionally join him with our two small kids. A two year old and a 4 month old traveling can be a challenge. This hotel made it easy for my family and was so wonderful to my little girl. Abbie was awesome and even made my birthday special. My little girl would love just to walk around and say hi to people and they were so friendly. Thank you front staff for always giving her a bag of chips, that really made her day. Wonderful!!!

Room Tip: any room would be great. there is a outside pool, so if you have kids might want to stay on first fl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HI H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your outstanding review. We appreciate you and your family staying here. We hope to see you again in the future. We are so glad you enjoyed your birthday!

Regards,
Abbie
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was here for one night for a funeral. The staff were very nice and friendly, room was clean and well appointed, and the area of this fairly large hotel where my room was met my major requirement: quiet. The pool looked nice, as did the restaurant area, neither of which I used. Cost was appropriate (could have been a little less expensive, but not outlandish). Location is very easy to access, etc. Very good stay! Thanks.

Room Tip: Just mention a quiet location if that's what you want.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mark o
HI H, Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear mfo,

Firstly, you have our deepest condolences for your loss. I am so glad we were able to meet your expectations at this difficult time for you and your family. We hope to see you again soon under better circumstances.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Excellent value! The rooms were very clean and good-sized. Great place for family travel as it has a very nice indoor pool. Service was prompt and friendly. I got the room for $150 with tax and it exceeded my expectations for a place at that price level.

• Stayed: August 2013
HI H, Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Ryan P,

Thank you for your wonderful review and we are so happy that your stay met and exceeded your expectations. We strive to provide our guests with the highest level of service and are committed to constantly improving our guest's experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

From the extremely friendly a d warm check on til we left on the morning out stay was near perfect. Only draw back was the initial room we were assign had a smoked on smell even though it was to be a smoke free room. But, they changed our room in minutes with no questions. Room was very clean (even the first one) and roomy. Love the choice of pillow - firm or soft. Large shower, soft towels. HD channels on TV, we noticed that a lot of hotels give HD TV but still broadcast analog signals. Big plus for H I on this one. Sorry, that I forget the name but the young lady who checked us in on Friday night was amazing. Upbeat, friendly and professional - management should know when their stag performs well and she delivered a better than most reception. We will definitely stay again as we make many jaunts to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013
HI H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the positive feedback. We strive to be the very best. Please visit us on your next stay down by the shore!

Regards,
Abbie
Guest Service Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazlet
Best Western Hazlet Inn
#1 of 1 in Atlantic Highlands
Molly Pitcher Inn
Molly Pitcher Inn
#3 of 4 in Red Bank

Been to Holiday Inn Hazlet? Share your experiences!