“Very good hotel given the circumstances”
Review of Holiday Inn Hazlet

Holiday Inn Hazlet
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hazlet
Orlando, Florida
“Very good hotel given the circumstances”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with a disaster relief agency of storm Sandy for two months. I found the hotel clean and tidy for what it is and reasonably priced. The staff was very helpful and would assist to my needs promptly from the GM Sam to the cleaning ladies Virginia and Francisca. The restaurant was great for whenever there was a need. I am a light sleeper and requested a room transfer which was accommodated without incidents. Rooms where always clean and ready.
This hotel had the COURAGE to take in displaced victims, their families and pets. When doing so, you bring displaced people with their home problems and issues into an non familiar environment accumulated with the stress of displacement and lack of community. This hotel and staff had to deal with a residing community relocated and unsuspecting guests who wanted their events and reservation uneventful oblivious to local realities. Not an easy task to do given that everyone's life was upside down. My compliments to all involved for being part of the solution and not part the problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Al M
HI H, Management at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We strive to be our very best during this trying time following Hurricane Sandy. Thank you for staying with us here in Hazlet NJ.

Regards,
Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to attend a funeral. Front desk staff were very helpful, thank you Zghani. After reading reviews we were not expecting much. The hotel Lobby was welcoming, room very clean and updated with nice crisp linen, soft or Firm pillows, comfortable bed, lots of towels, toiletries, microwave and mini fridge, coffee maker. At the reduced bereavement rate, I would say this was a very good stay for the price, at full price I would rate it average.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TYBOToronto
HI H, Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback. We hope you come back and visit us in New Jersey again. We do take pride in what we do here at the Holiday Inn Hazlet.
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed for two night over the New Year's holiday. The water was not hot......rough taking a warm/cold shower. We were not the only room in the hotel that experienced the lack of hot water. Friends in another room had the same issue. Go somewhere else!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank katy4215
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear katy4215,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the room conditions. Your comments have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Hazlet hotels

Asbury, New Jersey
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Used this hotel for guests at wedding-was overcharged, messed up reservations, overall terrible experience. Would not recommend using this hotel. When hotel realized their mistakes the staff was rude and did not seem to care. A terrible way to end a otherwise great wedding.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ryan H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Ryan H,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am sorry to hear about your during your stay with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
new jersey
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Reserved 40 rooms at $200.00 a night for my NYE wedding-was promised (in written contract) that my suite would be compensated to my and my husband. Not only did the staff OVER charge many of my guests-plus lost two reservations at check in time, they charged my husband's credit card the $600.00 fee for our suite at time of check out. Apparently at 2 in the morning they asked my husband for his credit card when we checked in despite the fact they already had mine on file-and we told them this. They reassured it was just a formality. After a phone call-in which the staff Abby was incredibly rude, they said it would take 3-5 days to fix. About an hour later I called my bank and they had charged MY credit card another $600.00 which created a overdraft. Again, 3-5 days to fix. Overall they charged us $1,200.00 for a room that should have been free. Not only that, but the staff was rude and did not make effort to make up for this incredibly expensive mistake...could have cost us $1200.00 if we did not get right on it. I would advise NOT TO USE. There were several other lost rooms, not enough rooms when guests called. This hotel was the ONLY problem that I encountered during wedding. Would strongly advise NOT to use.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sara4215
Dear sara4215,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Morristown, NJ
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hubby stayed here on business November-December 2012. The hotel is located a short car-drive to several chain eateries. I thought the room itself looked like the bedspreads had not been washed/vacuumed as there appeared to be dog hair on mine (dark and I'm blonde). The hotel is pet-friendly so perhaps someone had stayed there with a dog or cat? Nevertheless, the bedspreads should have been changed/cleaned. Hubby also reported to me that sometimes the rooms were not changed/cleaned/vacuumed/beds made. When he was there it was shortly after Hurricane Sandy and there were many displaced persons living there, so I understand that the hotel was very busy and booked, but the bedspreads should have been changed and the floors vacuumed. (Rugs were dirty; our socks/feet were black after walking around on them).
I am a light sleeper and heard a dog barking at different hours of the night. I only visited him a couple of times when he stayed here on business due to the yuckiness of the bedspreads and the barking dogs. One positive was the on-site restaurant; they had entertainment of Bingo and Name That Tune in a convivial atmosphere. Otherwise would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HI H, Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We would like to apologize for your unhappy stay. Our goal is to be perfect for our guests. We wish to see you back and give us the opportunity to make it up to you for your last stay.

Regards,
Centerport, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I travel regularly to Central NJ and ALWAYS stay here, even when other hotels are closer to my destination. Sam and his staff not only make your stay comfortable, but enjoyable as well. Once my room had a fridge that was not working properly,but,after a call to Bernadette at the front desk, it was replaced with another in fifteen minutes. Another time I had to keep valuables in their safe. Called the desk and Jenine directed me to their safe deposit boxes with no problems and NO CHARGE! Tell them Dr. Bill sent you!!

Room Tip: Call ahead, ask for Sam, and tell him of your special needs. Trust me. You will not be disappointe...