“This is a 3 star hotel??”
Review of Holiday Inn Hazlet

Holiday Inn Hazlet
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hazlet
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I booked this room through priceline and I thought I was getting a 3 star hotel. I stay in hotels all the time and never saw anything like this. The front desk wasn't friendly.The hotel was apparently converted from a outdoor motel to an indoor style hotel. In my room the carpet was ripped in a couple of places and buckling. It looks like the grout in the bathroom was painted to hide something. The rooms were noisy at 2:00 AM you could hear people talking in the halls. The carpet weren't vacuumed when I went to stroll at 9:00AM and the hotel hall and lobby were hot. Also no free coffee in the morning.The lady at the front desk told me they had a machine but it didn't "work out."

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear miriam m,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received poor service from our housekeeping and the front desk which was unacceptable. We will address this points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hazlet

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here overnight to attend a concert at the PNC Arts Center. We were pleasantly surprised. The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant and very helpful. The room had a coffee machine, small microwave and refrigerator. Everything was clean and comfortable. We did not use the pool although it looked inviting. There is a restaurant on premise but they are only open for breakfast until 10:30am and dinner beginning at 4pm. A little inconvenient but there are several restaurants in the area. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If fridge etc are important you should ask - not sure if all rooms have them.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HI H, Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for writing a review. We wish to see you again.

Management

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Needed a one night stay for a wedding at the PNC Arts Center and chose this location. I am a Hilton traveler and there are none nearby - in fact, there are only private label and low-level chains in the area. This Holiday Inn appeared to be the safest choice. It certainly seemed to be an older property, it's large and sprawling with an outdoor pool and a bar (which was crowded and had a live band). Our room had no exterior windows, but did have a window looking to the hallway - very strange layout. So, when the curtain is closed and the lights are out it is PITCH BLACK, you can't see anything. You can also tell there are a few coats of paint on top of each other, our ironing board had no cover and collapsed with the slightest pressure and there's wallpaper in the shower. Overall, one night here isn't the worst, but I wouldn't want to stay here for any length of time.

Room Tip: ask for a room with an exterior window
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was near our destination and we had Priority Club Points to use....I am sorry we wasted them there. The hotel has a musty smell throughout. The carpet in our room was stained and worn (torn where it met the ceramic tile bathroom). The shower was moldy. The hotel is generally worn out and tired. Housekeeping failed to replace our towels after taking them....we found this out AFTER getting out of the shower. Luckily we had one towel left. I told the manager and all I got was "I am sorry", "You should have called down"....never again. Hopefully a letter to corporate can get me my wasted points back

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Lori R,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Hazlet, NJ. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Orlando A.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am a bride who wanted to use this hotel for my guests the night of my wedding. I would be booking approximately 20 rooms. I guess the hotel doesn't need the business because the manager sam kept blowing me off, and did not ever return my calls or emails. He was horrible and the reason I need to take my business somewhere else which really disappoints me because the location is great. I really gave him the benefit of the doubt but after calling multiple times and not receiving a single call back I realize how unreliable they are.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Ms2386
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Ms2386,

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Joel B

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My name is Gary Maggio I am a priority club member, I first came here almost by accident and I am
so glad I did. I work out of north Jersey and I stayed at the Holidy Inn in that area but none of them
compare to this one. Every time I come here they are always polite the rooms are always clean,
every thing you need is here, that is why I travel about forty five minutes out of my day becuase
I know what I have there when I arrive at yhe hotel. By far this is one of the best propertys I have stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel lobb y is impressive and i found the reception staff very helpful. There is a good sized open air pool. The rooms are very clean and a good size. Plenty of parking available. THere is a cinema across the road and a few restaurants but otherwise it is a bit isolated but ideal for an overnight stop.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazlet
Best Western Hazlet Inn
Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank
Molly Pitcher Inn
Molly Pitcher Inn
#3 of 4 in Red Bank

Been to Holiday Inn Hazlet? Share your experiences!