“No outside windows!”
Review of Holiday Inn Hazlet

Holiday Inn Hazlet
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hazlet
Reviewed June 28, 2012

While the overall condition of the hotel is good, the bed was comfortable and it was very clean, it is obvious that it used to be a drive up motel that had corridors build around it. The 1 unopenable window in the rooms look out on a corridor. While there are unopenable windows in the corridor that look out on the exterior, the overall experience is of being shut in an airless box. The air conditioning, while effective, was also so loud that it sounded like being inside an airplane! Sleeping, listening to the TV and talking were difficult due to the roar of the air conditioner. The bathroom is divided into 2 parts - sink area and toilet/shower area. The toilet shower area was tiny and the shower was just a pan with a curtain. It was convenient for us, but I would not stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Susan F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property and I appreciate the comments about our clean and comfortable our beds. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I apologize that you were not satisfied with some amenities in the room. I assure you that the feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
IHG Care

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Okay, reserved two rooms for 4 nights (costly for a family of four on one income). Booked through Priceline to help "save" us some money. Traveling across America with 3 adults and 2 kids for a wedding. Called a week ahead of time to request 1 of our rooms to have two beds. One for my husband and 1 for the children. I use Priceline often and this request has NEVER been a problem, even when traveling over the holidays.
I was told at first, that it may be extra, and under the circumstances (Priceline) I was willing to pay more. Was put on hold and when the clerk returned was told that the hotel was booked and they would be unable to accomadate my request. Cots available? None. Booked and all cots are being used. How convient.
After further discussion with clerk, came to the understanding that the hotel was actually only booked for 2 of the four days we would be there....asked if they would put us in a double bed room for the 2 days they were not booked. "that would mean you would have to change rooms?" ...."okay, I'm fine with that"....put on hold. Was told that they could add a "note" to my account but would not be able to book a double room for us.....mind you, that they had some available.
Was told the hotel was filling up fast and this is the reason they won't hold a double room for us. Make sense? Think not. So Again, with high hopes, I offer to pay the difference. Maybe money is the issue?....Was basically told that they were not going to assist in accomodating my family. They would not hold a double room for us for the 2 days the hotel is not booked.
I am a little fearful that either my husband and I, or my 4 & 6 year old, may be sleeping on a hotel floor for 4 days, at $86 a night....gosh, I hope it's clean atleast. Wonder if they will give us extra pillows???? Or is that extra????
The clerk took my name and number and told me her manager (Sam) would be calling me back. I have not yet heard from Sam. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will go well.
Disappointed, and a little fearful at this point. Our stay at Holiday Inn Hazlet just might be a BIG mistake and one we have to put up with for 4 days. Terrible.
Hoping that this Holiday Inn will excel in their customer service like any good 'ol hotel should and atleast accomodate my family for 2 of the 4 nights. "Relax, it's a Holiday Inn" Yeah. We'll see. Keep you all posted about our experience with Holiday Inn Hazlet.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Mommatyme,

Thank you for your review. If I am understanding correctly you have not stayed with us yet.

When you book through a third party website, you are booking a standard room that does not guarantee bed type or smoking preference. You may request a specific room type, however it can not be guaranteed.

If you would like a gtd room type, you would need to book on our website directly or call the hotel. We find our online rates do not much differ from the other websites.

Thanks again,

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed June 19, 2012

What a great place to stay! I plan to be in Jersey every weekend this summer and would not consider any other place. Bernadette at the desk has my room is ready for check-in upon arrival on Friday, Kathy starts mixing my martini as soon as I enter for "happy hour", and then it's off to the Business Center to check my mail and prepare for my busy weekend agenda. Formerly stayed at the HI in Tom's River, but when the "no vacancy" sign forced me to look elsewhere, I ended up at in Hazlet and found a new weekend home with a clean outdoor pool. Don't hesitate to visit here, and .....tell 'em Billy sent you!

Room Tip: Save some steps--request 1st floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Where do i start? W e were part of a wedding party, and reserved the room quite some time ago , anyway we when get there they said they did not have the room ready and we could not check in , my husband and i and the kids had no where to get ready for the wedding! it was horrible. i ask the front desk manager SAM if there is anyway he can help us or give us a discount but he said we have to pay full price and we have to wait as well! we were late for the wedding!! after the lovely affair we noticed our funds were kind of low, so we check out a detail of our account to find out much to our dimay the front desk charged the whole wedding "the rooms" on our credit card!!! we called the manager and he said "wich is crazy" that he will reverse the funds when he gets the money from the other wedding party, he charged our account as a courtesy to the other party , their credit card was declined! not to mention before we finnaly got in touch with him, 3 days later ... he was totataly avoiding our phone calls and in fact NEVER called us back >>> only threw email. three days later . we were never compensated as of now and are out 379.87 to be exact! we have four kids and are on a very limited budget < as to we only have one income at this time.we also never recieved an apology . i am just amazed at the treatment and the plain old robbery that was done to us! i guess anyone can use your credit card and charge what ever they want to it. i also called corporate and they told me they have 48 hours to give us back the funds but nothing ever happened as well. im thinking of calling the news and will go to my bank to reverse the funds. but i m not in shock .... this looked like a sting opreation ...they were very creepy and looked dishonest ....try it for yourself or when you go to holiday inn in hazlet route 35 RUN for your life!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank leila s
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear leila s,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay here at Holiday Inn Hazlet, NJ. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A.
IHG Care

Reviewed May 23, 2012

As Platinum priority club member i'm always glad to visit this Hotel when I have business meeting in the area.

The hotel is conveniently located on Rt 35, very close to Garden State Parkway,
in the area there are many restaurants and great movie theater cross the street.

The rooms are renovated, crispy clean sheets, LCD TV with wide selection of HD channels, mini fridge and microwave - I love the cosy king size bed.

The hotel staff is very friendly and professional.

Stay at this hotel and enjoy a pleasant visit to the Jersey beaches, Malls, Outlets, Monmouth Park and many more attractions.

Room Tip: some rooms have bathtubs and some have showers
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stopped at this Holiday Inn with no reservations before hand. It was in the middle of the week so it wasn't full. We were given a room that was very quiet and very clean. No problems at all. The front desk was very friendly and helpful and accomodating. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. They try to accomodate.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
HI H, Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Hazlet,NJ ! We love taking care of our guests and I appreciate that you took your valuable time to write a review about your stay .We wish to see you soon at the Holiday Inn Hazlet, NJ

Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel once again because of a funeral. My sister-in-law booked a room that wound up being far from ours, so they upgraded her so that she could be close. We wanted to eat dinner in the lounge, however, the music was so loud (even loud at the front desk) that we opted on going to a nearby restaurant. Otherwise, the room was in order - clean and well maintained. The front desk was very attentive and helpful. What more could you want?

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
HI H, Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Hazlet,NJ ! We love taking care of our guests and I appreciate that you took your valuable time to write a review about your stay . We are working on the noise levels from the live music events being held in the lounge. I hope we have a chance to serve you again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazlet
Best Western Hazlet Inn
Comfort Inn Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
#1 of 1 in Middletown
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown
Courtyard Lincroft Red Bank
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown
Red Roof Inn Tinton Falls-Jersey Shore

Been to Holiday Inn Hazlet? Share your experiences!