“Upgrade that T.V.”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hazlet
Los Angeles, California
“Upgrade that T.V.”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is a 2 story Holiday Inn with fairly decent in-room furnishings. Holiday Inns have gone down hill the past couple of decades, so don't expect too much. The in-room internet did not work. I had to use a local wireless service that I found. The food in the bar and grill was pretty good. My only complaint is with the T.V. They need to upgrade to an HD flat screen and get rid of the old blurry boxy set, and increase the number of channels. I stayed for one night. That's about all I would want to stay. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HZTNJ, Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
I am so sorry to hear you had connection issues in the hotel. I have sent your comments to our IT vendor to look into. And I agree with you, "in this day and age" all our guests expect to be able to stay connected! I'm so glad you brought this to my attention so that I could have the IT company resolve it immediately!
Good news is that we replaced the old TV's with LCD TV's in all the rooms
We wish to see you soon at the Holiday Inn Hazlet, NJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I frequently stay at hotels in the area of Hazlet and keep returning to the Holiday Inn Hazlet. It is friendily, clean, comfortable and always being improved. The staff is always friendily and looking to meet your needs, the rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. The food is good whether you are having breakfast or dinner. With the hot weather here, the pool is open and clean and the fitness center meets the needs for a workout. I return to this hotel over the others because I have found it to be better than the others in the area and have no doubts that it is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Westminster, MD
Reviewed July 28, 2011

There are no real surprises here. The rooms are clean, and standard. The beds were comfy, nice vanity with good lighting. Furnishing have seen better days. The pool and garden are OK. There is only one ice machine on the first floor, and we had to walk through a maze to find it.
We had breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The cost I think was $8.99. It was varied and very good. Plenty of coffee and OJ. This particular day it was understaffed, and some of the hot selections were cold. There was one person manning the kitchen, refilling the buffet, & bussing tables. Karen, who was warm and very friendly, was a one woman show. She greeted, served, manned the register, and anything else that is required. Karen checked every table to make sure we had plenty of everything. She deserves a raise!
The friday we stayed, it was crowded and very noisey. A couple in the adjacent room fought until midnight, in and out of their room, stomping up and down the hall, screaming at each other.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed here for one night and that was one night too many. We had requested a non-smoking room and as we walked to our room, the hallway our room was on reeked of smoke. Our room itself did not smell like smoke but the smoke from the corridor was quite strong even with the door shut. I woke up several times during the night because of the smoke smell. Since the hotel was full that night, there were no other room options. Also, the floor in the bathroom was dirty and sticky. There was a big long black hair on our bed. The bed was comfortable enough. We didn't eat the breakfast in the morning but did order appetizers in the bar...yuck! I'm not sure what other options there are in Hazlet, but this certainly wasn't great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mazja5

Travelers are raving about these Hazlet hotels

Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We were here because of a fire in our home, the room service was not good, to have
our bed made up we had to go down to the desk and ask them to have someone
clean the room and leave towels. Most of the time the room was not done and we had to request them to make up the room and go out. One day we were out for the whole day
and came back about 7pm and the room was not done. They called us about 7:30 and asked if we wanted the room done, by this time we were too tired and said forget it. We would leave a tip and the tip would be gone and the room not completed. There were no towels left at the pool so we needed to use our room towels, they only left 2 bath towels so when we took a shower we had no extra towels. I could go on but I guess you get the picture! When we checked in they asked for a credit card for incidental things in case we bought something that was not covered by insurance. When we checked out we were charged for beer and a few other things, we did not buy these things. The manager
said it was a mistake! I was not real pleased with this place and would not stay there again. I have always had a good and pleasant experience in the Holiday Inn, but this one
does not come up to the standards of the others. We were planning to go to SD and stay
at the Holiday Inn Express for a week but now I am not sure!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank whatshouldido
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I was worried when my husband told me he stayed here 25 years ago but we were happily surprised to find a fully renovated hotel. Interior hallways, good sized rooms, and a convenient location - we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 15, 2011

These are the most obnoxious, rude people... their attitude was pathetic, very poor customer service.
I called to hotel to check on my room, and was practically hung up on. I called back and he was very rude.
Does he NOT realize that without CUSTOMERS he would have NO JOB ??????

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Chrome1007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazlet
Best Western Hazlet Inn
Oyster Point Hotel
Oyster Point Hotel
#2 of 4 in Red Bank
Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown

Been to Holiday Inn Hazlet? Share your experiences!