“Great stripmall oasis!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Assaggini Di Roma
Reserve with OpenTable
Assaggini Di Roma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Hazlet
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Jersey
“Great stripmall oasis!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Now in its 3rd year, Assaggini DiRoma remains one of our favorite casual Italian dining spots. The seafood is always very fresh. The portions are quite huge and presented well. Try the garlic shrimp appetizer (about 10 lg/xlg for $9.95). Rich garlic sauce with numerous pieces of garlic, worth dipping the fresh bread into. NY Strip steak, giambotta style (Sliced potatoes, onions, garlic, peppers, sliced homemade sausage piled high on top of steak) will satisfy the big appetite.
Daily seafood and meat specials are offered. BYOB your favorite wine/beer. Take out menu available. Highly suggest reservations as a high amount of repeat customers are usually there. Private dining rood for your special function. Your host, Demaris, makes the rounds visiting tables. Light entertainment is offered on select nights. When in Newark, visit their sister venue which offers a full bar.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Silver-Elite

Neward
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Food served burnt and cold! The help did no know what they were doing, did not have assigned tables. You had to catch a server as they were going by or you could not get service. will NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!!! Served the wrong meal, try to send it back, had to wait until they checked the order. Like i was sending it back for no reason. Had to wait twice as long to receive my order, the rest of the table was done eatine when I got my mail, remember this was not my mistake it was theirs. They push dessert and coffee unitl you finally give in and order some.
There a better places in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“Love this place!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The staff is friendly and efficient and the food! Oh the food is outstanding! I dream about their pork osso bucco with the peas and carrots and their eggplant rollatini or the pork chops. Everything here is great. We usually pass on dessert because most of it is not made here and they are usually out of what is!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank slaraway0919
New York City, New York
“Very Good Food and Service-BYOB!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Personal friendly service! With a late decision to eat out at 7:30 on the Saturday before Christmas, our first "walk-in" choice could not accommodate a party of 2 until 8:45 , I was ignored me for 5 minutes while standing at the hostess stand. Phoned this restaurant to inquire about wait time and was told to "come on by" as they would be happy to host us, the hostess asked for my name. Fifteen minutes later, we arrived and were immediately seated; the dining area was 90% full (the tables are close together); the hostess had noted my phone call although I did not make a formal "reservation". The complimentary brushetta was tasty as well as our shared Ceasar Salad. My husband enjoyed his seafood/pasta combo and my eggplant parm with pasta was delicious. The portions were large, we both brought leftovers home. I always look at other diner's choices and all looked great. I had a positive experience here and look forward to returning.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank mnmel1997
US of A
“Very Good Italian.”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Ok, it's in a strip mall.....so what? I can safely say you won't be disapointed in your meal nor the Atmosphere. The service was first rate and timely.We were treated like Family at Assaggini Di Roma. Warm and friendly and as I said the food....delicious all around our table,no one had the same dish and all were very pleased. Go eat!

• Visited September 2012